Why do people get appendicitis
In most cases, patients with appendicitis cannot avoid surgery. "Appendectomy" is the technical term for surgical appendectomy. For the doctors she is one Routine intervention, which is done after about 20 minutes. The operation is either "open" or via a "laparoscopy", in which the surgeons gain access to the inflamed appendix through tiny incisions in the skin. After such a so-called laparoscopy, only tiny scars remain. In an open operation, the doctors reach the inflamed appendix through an incision about the length of a thumb on the right lower abdomen. You separate it from the appendix, sew up the interface on the intestine and of course the cut in the skin. In both types of surgery, the patient is under general anesthesia and is given an antibiotic via a venous access to prevent infections.
How long a patient has to stay in hospital after completing an appendix operation depends on the course of the operation. If everything went well, patients are still in the hospital for observation for a few days, if complications arise, a longer stay in the hospital may be necessary.
In the past, doctors often treated appendicitis without surgery. They gave the patients antibiotics, prescribed bed rest and a strict diet, and waited. This procedure is no longer common today because complications can arise within a few hours that require quick action. Only in children (see chapter "Appendicitis in Children") do other treatment strategies apply.
By the way: With Home remedies like a hot water bottle on the stomach, an inflamed appendix cannot be soothed. At most in the case of chronic appendicitis, the course of which those affected are already familiar with, warmth can be beneficial. If you have acute appendicitis, it is important to see a doctor. Otherwise there is a risk of a ruptured appendix, which will lead to peritonitis.
- Why can't nerves be replaced?
- Silently correct people's grammar
- What Are Some Free Online Website Builders
- How do I stop using antidepressants
- What causes overactive thyroid gland in cats
- What would we be without emotions
- What does Sahyadri Sadan mean
- Orbital and subshell are the same
- What is the scope of SAP SD
- Is income a demographic factor?
- What are Ivy League schools
- What types go through meiosis
- Should India hedge crude oil
- Is Doctor James Watson Racist
- Who are the descendants of the Bulgarians
- Why do Bayern dominate the Bundesliga
- How were banks involved in the financial crisis
- Fortnite images are copyrighted
- Indians take a bath every day
- Are Azerbaijan and Eastern Armenia synonymous
- Makes Amazon ads for language
- How did your 2017 JEE Mains go
- What is meant by cultural change
- What are the evils of being jealous