What's in candy canes
Make your own candy canes: sugar-sweet recipe
Make your own candy canes: classic preparation
You only need a few ingredients to prepare the sweet Christmas treat yourself: 300 grams of sugar, 150 grams of syrup, 100 milliliters of water, a dash of lemon flavor and some red food coloring.
Let's go: First cut out two squares of 8 x 8 inches from baking paper and fold them into two small molds. Then bring the sugar, syrup and water to a boil in a saucepan while stirring until the sugar has dissolved. Then add flavor, mix and pour half of the syrup mixture into one mold, stir in a drop of red food coloring and pour into the other mold. After a few minutes, both masses have cooled down a bit, but not quite solid, so you can grasp them and quickly shape them into sticks. Twist one white and one red into each other, turn your head - as is typical for candy canes - to a handle and your red and white work of art is ready!
Alternative: recipe with butter and flour
If the original recipe is too complex for you, you can make other candy canes yourself. How? Very simple: knead 80 grams of sour cream, 125 grams of butter and 180 grams of flour into a dough and roll it out thinly on a greased baking sheet. Now sprinkle about 100 grams of sugar on the dough, roll it up and press the roller in a little. Then cut long strips of 1.5 x 4 centimeters and bake in the 200 degree oven for a good quarter of an hour. After baking, break the sticks apart - the little sugar bites are ready for the Christmas season. Tip: With a little cinnamon or desiccated coconut, the candy canes become even more Christmassy.
- What does idle time mean
- What are the biggest frustrations about cats
- Why does sport bring nation building
- How did a narcissist study your feelings
- Are taxi drivers statistically safe drivers
- What are the strangest crop circles
- What is the voltage divider bias
- What is fuking
- Which is better Oracle or Deloitte
- You can edit your eye color
- How to use Snapchat
- Why does a river arise
- How do you become less self-critical
- How are we going to talk to extraterrestrials
- How profitable are large airports
- Anime music can be used for motivation
- What did Stalin think of Islam?
- How can I learn Tableau effectively
- What is ketamine used for?
- What does a Lissajous pattern mean
- Has Brandon Curry ever used steroids
- North Korea is a revisionist state
- How do Russians react to immigrants
- Why do we need self-synchronization
- What's a good excuse
- Should a woman be afraid of menopause
- Indians take a bath every day
- Why should I see a gynecologist
- Is Scandinavia a country
- Which film defines the 1930s for you
- Is democracy good for third world countries?
- Is Ola a service
- What is the fintech ecosystem
- How are Azerbaijanis welcomed in Turkey?