Can I do astrophotography in town
Astrophotography in or near the city
I do astrophotography in and around the city. This is also possible with relatively simple equipment and I would like to encourage all cities to give it a try, despite light pollution! It is amazing how modern technology reveals the beauty of the starry sky hidden in the city light. No large telescopes are required for this, but commercially available cameras and lenses open up the splendor of the starry sky to us, even in or near the city.
ABOUT THIS HERE: EXAMPLES OF WHAT CAN BE PHOTOGRAPHED IN THE CITY WITH SIMPLE MEANS
If you follow a few simple rules, you are sure to be successful.
1.) Look for a relatively dark, especially glare-free cookie. So not right next to an illuminated main road ;-) Some parks in Linz offer excellent conditions for this (e.g. Schlo park, Freinberg / LAG observatory area, Wasserwald / Kleinm nchen etc ... But also some darker ones The backyard / garden is suitable if you accept the limited section of the sky. Basically, you should always photograph objects that are as high in the sky as possible. If you still want to try to photograph objects deeper in the south, you have to look for a place south of our capital as far as possible. I am doing this successfully, for example, at the Ausee campsite, which is very suitable because only very few lighting fixtures are installed on the area. because I have the appropriate infrastructure there (caravan, electricity, etc.) :-) I have the light bell of Linz there in the north and thus the conditions are very useful despite the proximity to the city.
2.) Obtain a digital reflex camera + a photo tripod (this equipment is sufficient for the first experiments, if necessary a digital compact camera will also do, if it allows longer exposure times)
3.) For long exposures, however, you need an interference filter (e.g. UHC-E) that filters out the spectral lines of the artificial light sources.
4.) For images that follow the sky (i.e. the earth's rotation must be compensated so that the stars remain point-like and do not appear as lines), the procurement of a so-called equatorial mount and a small tracking telescope is essential .
- Where can someone find his motivation
- What are websites that do not use databases
- What is electroweak interaction
- Which competitions are rated in HackerRank
- Why did Tamil Nadu banned Hindi films
- Why do people hate Kylie Jenner
- What is soap made from chemically
- What is AMD FreeSync Technology
- Are laptops and computers the same thing?
- Is water inert
- What is the influencing factor of IEEE
- Where can I learn Swahili near Phoenix?
- What major is the law?
- Which websites pay money for my knowledge
- How to polish a car paint
- What is daman
- Do the French have Christmas trees
- What are the uses of magnesium sulfide
- Why does China have cheap prescription glasses
- How do water rockets work
- Gaming laptops have a shorter lifespan
- Did someone try to rob Fort Knox?
- How does temperature affect the ecosystem?
- Did Romulus or Remus die?