What are some beautiful Persian names
11 Beautiful Iranian Names And What They Mean
Write it like this: البرز
Alborz is a male name that means "the Most High". It is also the name of the mountain range that stretches from the Azerbaijani border and runs along the southern coast of the Caspian Sea to the Khorasan Province. The highest mountain in Iran, Damavand, is located in this area.
Alborz - the highest | © 8moments / Pixabay
Tiam, male or female
Pronounce it like this: tee-yâm
Write it like this: تیام
The name Tiam is from Lur ethnicity.
Tiam - my eyes | © cocoparisienne / Pixabay
Write it like this: مانلی
Maneli - stay with me | © vinsky2002 / Pixabay
Pronounce it like this: kâ-vé
Write it like this: کاوه
Kaveh (better known as 'Kaveh the Blacksmith' in the Persian people) is a myth hero in Ferdowsi's epic poem Shahnameh. In the story, the evil tyrant Zahhak had two snakes growing out of his shoulders. These snakes had an insatiable craving for human brains, so Zahhak's servants executed two men every day to feed them. After losing all of his sons except for this barbaric ritual, Kaveh led a national revolt against the merciless ruler, which led to an end to a thousand years of tyranny. It is a symbol of bravery versus cruelty.
Kaveh - a hero from the Shahnameh | © Couleur / Pixabay
Pronounce it like this: yâ-nân
Write it like this: جانان
Janan - heart or soul | © Ben_Kerckx / Pixabay
Pronounce it like this: â-veen
Write it like this: آآین
Avin - clear or clear | © Free-Photos / Pixabay
Pronounce it like this: pân-teh-â
Write it like this: پانته آ
In Persian folklore, Pantea was considered the most beautiful woman in Asia, so much so that she had to keep her face covered to prevent men from falling in love with her. Her husband, Abradatas, was the king of Susa who fought against Cyrus the Great. She was captured by the army of Cyrus and brought to the king to serve as his possession. But Cyrus knew she was married, and after hearing of her beauty, she refused to look at her for fear that he, too, might fall in love. Because Pantea was treated with honor, she persuaded Abradatas to fight on the Persian side, which he did, but he was later killed in the fight. When Cyrus broke the news to Pantea, she was devastated and committed suicide, after which Cyrus buried her next to her husband.
Pantea - the most beautiful woman in Asia © BarbaraALane / Pixabay
Say it like this: kâ-vân
Write it like this: کاوان
The name Kavan is Kurdish.
Kavan - top of the mountain | © SnapwireSnaps / Pixabay
Pronounce it like this: rowzh-ân
Write it like this: رژژان
Rozhan is also a Kurdish name.
Rozhan - days or lifetime | © kangbch / Pixabay
Write it like this: برییا
Bardia - Cyrus the Great Son | © mjnaderi / Pixabay
Pronounce it like this: râ-deen
Write it like this: رایین
Radin - merciful, gracious, chivalrous | © Alexei Scutari / Unsplash
Author: Steve Nelson
Steve Nelson is a 36 year old journalist. Unexcused reader. Coffee pioneer. Travel instructor. Beer lover. Problem solver.
- House Blackfyre still exists
- What are five functions of a printer
- What does MVC stand for
- What is the Seattle style coding
- What are some properties of heat radiation
- Where does postage come from
- How are backwaters created near the coast
- What is a container 1
- How good is Tracktion
- How can I apply my Java knowledge
- How does agriculture help everyone
- How do you rate natural gas
- How wars were introduced into humanity
- Should I take a break after graduation
- What is the adjective form of the parable
- What types of people like cats
- What is the injection for increasing height
- How does the guacamole restaurant stay fresh?
- What are gene interactions
- What causes extreme numbness and migraines
- What keeps aspiring writers from writing more
- Successful mobile competition
- Thailand apartment should I buy
- Who makes the best, most durable shoes