What does a Christian meditation trainer do
Training to become a meditation teacher
With the thought of teaching meditation, you open up a new challenge. You probably want to deepen your own meditation practice with the desire to pass on your knowledge to others.That requires a certain amount of professionalism, because the way of being, of seeing and of engaging in the many dimensions of people cannot only be conveyed through techniques.
Probably the most decisive skills that a teacher must bring along are authenticity and credibility, a high level of motivation and one's own understanding and effectiveness in developing further as a teacher.
Content of this page
Training to become a meditation teacher - basics and content
The joy of dealing with people, empathy and an open attitude characterize a good teacher. We already know that from our school experiences. The teachers were popular who could empathize with us, who recognized our longings and problems and who kept us from being disappointed with low expectations. Knowledge transfer taking into account self-perception - respect for the teachers who are able to do this.
Unfortunately, everyday life is different in many educational institutions. Far from the goal of becoming aware of oneself, to act fearlessly and decisively and to gain control over feelings and thoughts, it is primarily global, subject-oriented knowledge that is imparted.
The people then have professional skills, but know little about their own consciousness. How to stop the wheel of consciousness, which is constantly in motion, in large and small crises, is not taught.
A true advisor for life is based on the wheel of consciousness and keeps it moving, taking into account that the previous material striving is based on educational influences and relevant experiences that were not able to balance external and internal reality.
The inner compass - a guide to life
You are already in the fortunate position of having acquired certain knowledge, which cannot be measured in terms of material units, but rather corresponds to a spiritual gain. Your own development history and previous life experiences form a basis for reorientation and compensation for deficits. You are probably already accompanied by key questions in everyday life:
- What is really important to me and what can I leave out?
- How exactly do I take care of myself and my presence today and how exactly am I good to others today?
- Where have I been generous today and where have I been grateful?
- How did I react in a difficult situation today, and how could I have reacted better, in the sense of benevolent, loving serenity with myself and with others?
Does this qualify you to be a good meditation teacher already?
The teaching of meditation arises primarily from personal practice. So it can be assumed that you want to teach from your own experience.
- You already have a refined perception of your own state of mind and are able to convey impulses that fill an empty space.
- You are familiar with different meditation techniques and know about the nature of the human mind.
- You want to pass on your knowledge and enthusiasm to students.
The admission requirements can vary depending on the institute or training center, but as a rule they take into account the fundamental endeavor to make meditation accessible to everyone and are not based on any special prior knowledge. The training to become a meditation teacher is understood as mindfulness training, stress management options, relaxation and personal development, from which both teachers and students benefit in the end.
A rough overview of the contents
- Presentations and exercises of various meditation techniques
- What is meditation theory and practice
- Thinking background of the meditation systems
- Religious backgrounds
- Introduction to Meditation
- Process combinations
- Management and development of a meditation course - teaching didactics
- Notes and inspirations
- Scientific background
- External and internal requirements for meditation
- Process, effect and intention of a meditation
- Educational and therapeutic intervention techniques
- Meditation techniques from Eastern and Western cultures
- Billing bases, legal issues, health insurance companies
Competencies are acquired on a professional, communicative, didactic / methodological and spiritual level. The training periods vary depending on the training facility and range from seven-day intensive training to two-year training.
What can I expect after successfully completing my education?
In addition to the educational qualification you have acquired, you can look forward to a path of personal development. How this looks exactly depends on your own ideas and motives.
- Would you like to integrate your knowledge in your current job?
- Is it your goal to freelance teaching groups or individuals?
- Would you like to open your own practice as part of your self-employment?
- Do you prefer a job, for example in health centers?
- Is it “just” your goal to broaden your own horizon of experience?
Also ask yourself the following questions:
- Why do I want to do this?
- Is it really my career aspiration?
- Do I have all the requirements and approvals?
- Am I prepared, if necessary, to forego income for a certain period of time?
- Do I not shy away from laws, insurance, tax issues, regulations and office work?
The following examples may help you make a decision:
The Miners' Shank Hospital at the Essen-Mitte Clinic had started a few years ago to have his patients with chronic pain instructed by so-called mindfulness trainers, who belong to the Institute for Mindfulness and Stress Management. The lecturers at this institute are all graduates of the MBSR Professional program and come from very different professional fields. (Doctors, physiotherapists or educators). Your allies are the clinic and chief physicians as well as the hospital's nursing services. To this day, thanks to their training, they have been working with great success, with practical exercises such as body scan, sitting meditation, walking meditation, yoga, quigong and, above all, mindfulness in everyday life.
- Another possibility is to work as a meditation teacher in healing and training centers, where you can impart your knowledge in meditation workshops.
- The meditation teachers are also very popular in yoga and fitness studios.
- In addition to aroma or relaxation therapists, many wellness hotels like to work with meditation teachers.
- It is also possible to teach courses at adult education centers. One often reads: The leader of this course is a qualified pedagogue with additional training as a meditation leader or the course leader is trained as a meditation teacher.
- The meditation teachers are very numerous in health and therapy centers, in the context of prevention.
In any case, it is an advantage to have a corresponding certificate, which most training centers make available at the end of the training.
In the areas mentioned, it is mostly a freelance activity, although a permanent position is also possible in some institutes or hospitals.
It is different if you want to open your own meditation practice, then you act independently. Here you can offer group or individual lessons, also in connection with workshops. However, you should have the appropriate space for this. In addition, you will manage all legal matters on your own.
Income after training to become a meditation teacher
Your income situation certainly also plays a major role, because what good is the best education if you can't make a living from it? First and foremost, of course, you want to pass on your knowledge to other people so that they can cope better with their everyday lives, but your work should also be rewarded accordingly.
Would you like to do it alongside your job, more or less as a second mainstay, or do you make your job your main task?
In any case, you should draw attention to yourself. For that there are different possibilities. Perhaps you will create your own website or apply in the traditional way to appropriate institutions.
It is possible that the money bag will only be sparsely filled at the beginning of the activity, but over time you will gain a foothold and your work will be appreciated accordingly.
Possible providers for training to become a meditation teacher
We consider the following institutes or private institutions to be recommended due to their many years of training experience and the experience reports from participants on which we are based. Which offer is ultimately suitable for you depends on the one hand on the proximity to your place of residence, provided it is not a distance learning course, and on the other hand on the content and requirements of the respective training center. You can find detailed information on the homepage of the respective provider.
Bedburg: Institute for Mindfulness and Stress Management
049 172 218 668 1
The already mentioned institute enables the qualification as an MBSR teacher in an eight-week training course. This is a stress management training as part of the Mindfulness-Based Stress Reductions program, which was initiated in 1979 by Prof. Dr. Jon Kabat Zinn. The training locations can vary and can be viewed on the homepage.
- At least two years of meditation practice (Zen, Vipassana, contemplation)
- Completed vocational training in pedagogy, in the psychosocial field or in health care.
- Minimum age 30 years
- Complete a five-day silent retreat
- Regular sitting meditation practice
- Participation in an MBSR orientation event
- Getting to know and introducing the structure.
- Introduction to the practice and theory of mindful bodywork.
- Fundamental aspects of mindfulness
- Dealing with stress-increasing and stress-relieving thoughts.
- Deepening and supervision through yoga
- Research into central questions in life, taking into account one's own attitude.
- Aspects of pedagogy - mindful communication
- Teacher-student comprehension exercises
The training is clearly structured. After successful completion, the graduates are qualified to teach in various institutions. The list is quite long and can be viewed on the homepage.
Bensheim (Hessen) - B.I.E.K.- Training and further education relaxation trainer / meditation teacher /
The location of this training, as part of an educational leave, is a Buddhist monastery in Siedelsbrunn. As a prerequisite, own meditation experiences are felt to be helpful, but they are not absolutely necessary. In addition, the participants should be open to new experiences, have the ability to self-reflect and enjoy dealing with people.
The main contents of the five-day training:
- Meditations in space and nature from Buddhist and Sufi traditions and the practice of mindfulness.
- Different meditation techniques
- Meditation and body awareness
- Healing meditation
- Silent and dynamic meditations
- Retreat process - a day of complete silence
After completing the training, the participants receive a further training certificate.
Berlin and Braunschweig: meditation teacher / meditation therapist
IEK German Institute for Relaxation Techniques and Communication
At the market 9
The IEK Braunschweig is a school for adult education. People from all professional groups are welcome. The IEK Braunschweig expects: empathy, ability for self-reflection, openness and the willingness to develop a positive self-image as well as enjoyment in dealing with people.
The following knowledge is acquired in an intensive week:
- Different directions of meditation
- Images of people and beliefs
- Meditation forms and techniques, such as mantra meditation, movement meditation, contemplation of a yantra. Nature meditation, breathing meditation.
- Crossing point of the present - life in the here and now
After successful completion, you will receive a certificate from the IEK, the content of which corresponds to the qualitative requirements of the Association of Statutory Health Insurance Physicians and those of the health insurance companies, and you can work independently, as an employee or as a freelance meditation teacher nationwide.
Berlin- Training as a course instructor for meditation
Team: Ines Nonnemacher and René Lecoutre
033762 869 983
Those who like things a little more spiritual and particularly personal can complete their training with Ines Nonnemacher and René Lecoutre in Berlin.
Physiotherapy - Greve practice
Pfalzburger Strasse 24
Healing practice healing center
Anyone interested is welcome, but a little experience through meditation is of course an advantage.
In a very friendly and personal atmosphere you will be trained in the practical and theoretical tasks of a meditation leader.
Practice is in the foreground on 12 training evenings, spread over six months.
- Introduction to meditation forms and techniques
- Create your own meditation instructions.
- Design options and implementation of smaller breathing meditations
- Lots of information and suggestions for creating and leading meditations.
- Meditation with children and adolescents
- Code of the meditation leader
- Special features of meditations
- Fantasy journeys, chakra meditations, special forms, color and nature meditations
- Spiritual content
- Balancing exercises for your own energy field
Frankfurt / Offenbach - Fitmedi- German Academy for independent health professions
Training and further education institute
Humboldtstrasse 55 A
The Fitmedi Academy is also represented in Hamburg and Munich. Please note that the training locations can also be in the Palatinate, Allgäu, Odenwald or other beautiful places. You can find the dates and locations on the fitmedi homepage.
The Fitmedi Academy sees itself as an academy for relaxation, health and stress management and offers various training courses in these areas. In addition to training as mindfulness trainers, health advisors or movement pedagogues, they also enable additional training as meditation teachers for children.
Special prerequisites are not required, but the training takes place in different modules, whereby module B1 represents a two-day introduction to meditation training and enables intensive training in the other module units to become a meditation trainer.
The offer is aimed at people who come from the professional fields of medicine, education, psychology or health promotion or who would like to change their careers in this regard.
When the basic qualification, i.e. the advanced module, has been completed, the 7-day intensive training to become a meditation leader takes place.
The main contents:
- Introduction to meditation theory and practice
- Forms and techniques of meditation
- "Business Meditation"
- Leading and setting up a meditation course
- Exercises in meditation techniques
- Focus: soul, senses, silence, chakras, sound and movement.
- Pedagogical and didactic work to structure a course
- At the end you receive the certificate "Meditation Teacher Advanced"
UTA Academy Cologne
Venloer Strasse 5
0221 933 334-36
The training and further education to become a meditation and relaxation trainer is the heart of the UTA Academy in Cologne.
Training to become a meditation teacher is offered, with the basis of which further training to become a meditation trainer-relaxation trainer can take place. One special feature of the academy should not go unmentioned: The academy provides training based on the Osho philosophy. It therefore makes sense to deal with this philosophy before beginning and to explain it for yourself. Everyone is welcome without special requirements, whereby a preliminary talk with the trainers on a meditation weekend is planned.
Within six months, you complete four educational phases that cover different topics (modules).
Contents at a glance:
- Meditation retreat - sitting quietly without speaking, writing or reading.
- Medicinal effect
- Guided meditation and heart meditation
- Breathing, grounding and hara centering
- Quigong exercises
- Meditation counseling and communication
- Various meditation and relaxation exercises
- Teaching meditation techniques
- Accompaniment, motivation and presence - which meditation suits whom.
- Development and implementation of a meditation course
The UTA Academy regularly offers free information events.
Oldenburg- DFME - German Center for Stress Management, Mindfulness and Personality Development
0049 441 4084117
The German Center of Expertise - DFME offers very comprehensive training in the areas of stress management and mindfulness in order to expand one's professional skills.
The mindfulness-based qualifications include seminars, courses and coaching for people in education, psychology, business or for those with general interests.
The acquired expertise is based on:
- Buddhist psychology
- Knowledge of the brain and neuroscience
- Professional knowledge of stress and burnout
- Coaching and seminar leader skills
- Mindful communication
- Walking meditation
- Body scan
- Sitting meditation
- Exercises and opportunities for reflection for self-awareness
- Development of mindfulness-based courses, in accordance with the requirements for primary prevention of the guidelines of German health insurance companies, based on multimodal stress management
770 hours are earmarked for training, 410 hours of which are face-to-face and 360 hours are for home work. The training, as a weekly compact lesson, takes place in a seminar house (Hof-Oberlethe) in a natural environment. In addition to all-round support, varied and exciting lessons can be expected, with a high degree of practical relevance through the seminar and project activities.
A written final examination marks the end of the training, whereby a certificate is only issued if no more than 40 teaching hours have been missed.
In 2014, DFME entered the certification process of quality management for educational institutions according to ISO EN 29990 in order to make the professionally acquired competence even more measurable.
Paracelsus naturopath schools
Represented nationwide (the training locations can be found on the website)
In the Paracelsus alternative practitioner schools, meditation is seen as the royal road of all therapies and is therefore the subject of training and further education to become a meditation teacher.
Profound practical and theoretical knowledge is imparted with the aim of committed and professional management and design of own courses.
The training period for a basic seminar comprises 110 teaching units, which can be followed by further advanced seminars.
- Insights into the mindfulness methodology
- Clinical effectiveness
- Christian and Buddhist meditation techniques
- Breathing techniques (Kundalini), movement in silence
- Chakra, mantra, walking meditation
- Pedagogical instruction
Distance learning meditation teacher
It is quite possible that you complete your training to become a meditation teacher via a distance learning course. The content of the correspondence courses can differ significantly, as there are no uniform training guidelines for meditation leaders. No special requirements are required, although you should of course have an Internet connection.
In a rough overview:
- Self-determined learning with free time management
- Acquiring knowledge of various meditation techniques
- How the techniques work
- Theoretical and practical basic knowledge
- A rich repertoire of exercises
- Appropriate work material such as CD and learning scripts are provided
In this case, there are two schools already mentioned:
Fitmedi- German academy for independent health professions
In a self-study course over 6 months, the Fitmedi Academy offers advanced training to become a meditation leader. The learning repertoire consists of a total of six learning scripts with numerous exercises that are made available to you every month. You will also receive audio files that contain further meditation instructions. All exercise units can be flexibly integrated into the daily routine and allow individual learning.
After successfully completing the course, you will receive the fitmedi CASA certificate: "Course leader for meditation".
Ines Nonnenmacher and René Lecourte
As part of personal support with individual feedback, Ines Nonnenmacher and René Lecourte can train you to become meditation leaders via distance learning within six months. In addition to many methods, techniques and information, you draw on the wealth of experience of the people who accompany you. Over 12 lessons, your personal learning repertoire will be filled with many practical examples, instructions and valuable information. You work with a training folder and meditation CD's made available to you.
You can find more information on the homepage.
In addition, the Training as a relaxation therapist possible, which does not necessarily correspond to a specific course to become a meditation leader, but nevertheless makes you familiar with the corresponding meditation techniques. The recognized and certified qualification in the field of distance learning courses would be an advantage.
The participants gain relevant experience from the field of activity of the relaxation therapist and can apply this in their later leadership of a meditation group. No special requirements are required.
Possible providers would be:
- The Institute for Learning Systems (ILS)
- Distance academy for adult education
- Hamburg Academy for Distance Learning (HAF)
- SGD Darmstadt
- Impulse e.V. School for Health Professions
Distance learning is a really good way to discover your own personal path as a meditation teacher, learn a lot and develop yourself further.
Tips for training
- What has Genghis Khan contributed to humanity
- What is half of dfrac 10 30
- What is the best hotel in Oslo
- What are your best food travel memories
- Dental implants are new technologies
- What should our healthy routine be
- How do I stop using antidepressants
- Can work a relationship with an alcoholic
- Why is my Apple Pencil not working
- How do I make more money 2
- The voting will ruin the voting process
- What is creep phenomena in the induction motor
- Can Grindr be used for dating
- Permanent residents in Canada can choose provincial
- Was the Hashashin Muslims
- Why do different planets have different speeds
- Where in Europe are the best hostels
- Does premarital counseling make sense?
- How do you distinguish between genius and madness
- What's the point of the JVM
- How can I play Fruity Loops
- How can herbal teas be made tasty
- Is it worth reading autobiographies
- Which philosopher deserves more recognition