At the start of the World Wide Web, websites were very static. They wanted to change this and make it more dynamic by introducing a programming language that could overcome this hurdle.
The emergence of libraries and frameworks
jQuery has long been the most popular JS library.
The advantage of such applications is that they only have to be loaded once in the browser. Almost like a desktop application for the browser. Unlike other websites, the server only needs to be addressed once. And you have all the necessary data on your browser.
This allows you to quickly create high-performance user interfaces. It's an alternative to Angular. Nowadays, React is more popular than Angular.
Single page applications can also be built with Vue.JS. So it's an alternative to Angular or React.
Another advantage of Vue is that it is not provided by a large manufacturer such as Facebook or Google. It is controlled by an open source community.
It's also lighter than React.
What should such a programmer be able to do?
Most of the programmers in this field have already worked with libraries like jQuery because it is very common.
However, it is important that the expert has also worked with standard JS.
Because all other technologies such as React or Vue are based on it.
So a good JS coder has a good understanding of the fundamentals of the programming language.
Because the libraries and frameworks change almost every year.
In recent years, however, Angular has been supplanted by React and Vue. Almost every new web interface project starts with React.JS or Vue.JS.
That could change again in the next few years. New frameworks and technologies based on JS are constantly coming onto the market. So you can't be sure which one will stand out.
Willingness to learn is important
Good programmers in this area are therefore willing to learn and can acquire new technologies in frontend development relatively quickly.
Knowledge of HTML and CSS
It can't hurt to have an in-depth knowledge of HTML and CSS. Although, in some cases, knowledge of the new frontend frameworks is sufficient.
Knowledge of backend development
Frontend development is not completely decoupled from backend development.
It is therefore important to be familiar with backend technologies such as PHP or Java. In order to be able to work better with coders from these areas.
Or a full stack coder who also does backend development with Node.JS or PHP.
So it is always important to read the job description. Because nowadays one understands different things under the term. Also because the JS ecosystem continues to expand.
For example, a full stack JS expert could cover all areas:
- Browser programming: with JS, jQuery, Vue, React
- Server development: with Node.JS
- Database creation: with MongoDB
The advantage of this technology
The advantage of JS is that it is particularly suitable for web applications. Applications that were developed with Node.JS in the backend and React in the frontend, for example, tend to be very quick to execute. It can also serve large numbers of users at the same time. Something that is not always the case in other programming languages.
JS is becoming more and more popular in frontend development and increasingly in backend development.
What are your experiences?
- How is the current speed represented mathematically?
- How do you trade volatility 1
- How do you identify the present
- Why aren't smartphones called PCs?
- Music as an artistic medium is dead
- What are the London Underground Zones
- Which countries are cheaper in Indian rupees
- Is Jon Snow Lightbringer
- Is homeopathy safe for children
- Everyone has a psychological complex
- How do I tell my father no
- What blockchain applications are used today
- What makes gel pen ink permanent
- Why should Michael Cohen lie
- Should celebrities speak about their political opinions
- Where in Europe are the best hostels
- What games can teach me to program?
- What do non-Australians know about Australia
- What does blue cheese look like?
- How was Dow Jones founded
- What is Bidsquare
- Which departments fall under CPWD
- Can computers have a consciousness?
- What is the official fandom name of SB19
- What is the life of your mind
- Can we use antibiotics on chickens?
- Is it hard to beat a polygraph
- Why do rookie programmers hate C.
- What if Prince Philip dies tomorrow
- Can live a question without a topic
- What is the appeal of Scientology
- What was Buckminster Fuller's greatest achievement
- How can I become a powerful prophet?