Will lead Jorah Heartsbane
Why does Sam get away with stealing this valuable artifact?
On the way to the Oldtown Citadel, Samwell Tarly stops at his family's fortress. Sam's relationship with his father is not good and besides, Sam brought a wild girl with him.
Sam's father Randyll Tarly hates Sam because he couldn't make a "good heir" out of him.
When Sam turned fifteen, his father bluntly told him that he was not worthy of the ancestral Valyrian steel sword Heartsbane of their house and that he would have to join the Night's Watch and give up his family name so that it would not stand in the way of Dickon's legacy.
Source: Samwell Tarly: A Wiki of Ice and Fire
During this visit, Sam's father kept teasing him about going to the citadel "about the big tasks another Men to read ".
However, when Sam leaves the family mansion, he takes the ancestral Valyrian steel sword of their house with him.
It should be clear that Sam, Gilly, "their" baby and such a precious artifact as an ancestral Valyrian steel sword are disappearing at the same time (or almost).
Why did Randyll Tarly never investigate the sword's disappearance and / or track Sam to regain it?
He it does simple, nobody noticed or mentioned it
It's hard to tell whether or not Randyll (or another member of the household) noticed it, as it is never mentioned again afterwards.
is that Sam took the sword and probably still has it in Winterfell. That's all we know for sure.
are they either:
- Randyll and everyone else didn't notice
- Which is completely atypical for a Valyrian Steel sword that disappears without notice, and also inconceivable for Randyll (one of the most pragmatic and proudest men in Westeros) not to notice.
- Randyll has it noticed but not mentioned on the screen
- This can be understood as Randyll doesn't have a lot of screen time at first. Also, I would doubt Randyll would want anyone to know about the missing sword as it matters.
- Want you Tell people like Jaime and Cersei Lannister that your denounced and embarrassed son and his "wild" girlfriend stole the ancestral sword (House Tarly's most important possession)?
There will likely be two results:
- The showrunners forget to mention or leave out this detail as it is not worth spending screen time on
- Sam can explain it to Jon as soon as Jon returns to Winterfell and Sam conveniently gives him a fantastic White Walker Killing weapon
Anyway, let's wait and see.
- What is back pitch in an electrical machine
- Which states allow cameras in the courtroom
- What is the religion of China 1
- How do I use the time effectively
- Are engineers better than other graduates
- Summer or winter in Northern California
- What are some good organizational tips for high school
- Why are we not productive
- What is the 24th Constitutional Amendment Act of 1971
- Can you read people
- What is the universal truth
- Should Stephen Curry stop trying to dive in
- Can drug-induced paranoid schizophrenia be cured
- Can we stay at the Rohtang Pass?
- What is your work experience in Concentrix
- What is Prime Brokerage 1
- How many feet does a perch have?
- How's the nightlife in Concord NH
- What can I do, that's important
- How many teeth mosquito
- Is naukari com good site for the job
- Is Capgemini good for BCA newbies
- Jellyfish have a mind
- Why are there no international political parties
- What are psychometric statistical methods
- Phenol is a special case of alcohol
- Offers IBM immigration
- Shrinks cotton in cold water
- How complex is the universe
- What do you mean by speaking
- What is Muscat famous for?
- Is an SSH connection a permanent connection