What is special about Virginia Tech
"A campus like a small town" is how Sarah Hofmann describes the campus of the Virginia Polytech Institute and State University, Virginia Tech for short. "There is everything there: dormitory, cafeteria, sports facilities and even its own police force. It is so spacious that you sometimes have to take buses to get from A to B." The student of printing and media technology at the Munich University of Applied Sciences experienced the campus in the USA for three weeks as a Fulbright scholarship holder as part of a summer institute.
A turkey as a mascot
Not only the campus, but also the American students are very different from the German ones. It starts with the connection to the university: "Everyone identifies with their university. Everyone wears a Virginia Tech shirt and there is even their own mascot: a wine-red turkey called" Hokie ". This is how the students at Virginia call themselves Tech himself. The moment when a passer-by addressed Hofmann because of her shirt with "Wow - you're a hokie!" Was a very special one for her. "Being part of it all made me incredibly proud."
Food culture in American
At the end of her stay, Hofmann not only confirmed the image of eating habits in the USA, but also that of the universities: "Studying in the United States is great! The universities offer an incredible amount and, above all, the interdisciplinary approach convinced me I would be very happy to go there again someday. "
She has published all the stories and pictures of Sarah Hofmann's stay in the USA on her blog, which can be accessed via this link.
About the Fulbright Scholarship:
The Fulbright scholarship is awarded twice a year to Bachelor students from German universities of applied sciences. Applicants must meet certain criteria such as special academic achievements, good English skills and a high level of interest in the USA. Students who receive the scholarship take three weeks of summer institutes at various universities, this year the Virginia Polytech Institute and State University and Washington & Jefferson College.
For those interested:
The application for the first Fulbright Scholarship 2019 runs until November and can be found under this link.
- What causes Brazil high income inequality
- How can I stop Alexa from listening
- What does a Pell Grant look like
- How do you get identical twins
- Do you believe in Angels Soulmates
- How do I fight Pokemon
- How old is Frodo
- Why do we need self-synchronization
- Which country has the highest network connection
- Which means a very serious discussion
- What does a verb conjugate
- Which is the best HSE website
- Curry is good on chicken
- What is braces race
- Rescue plastics trees
- What are the coolest fun facts
- Why is dyslexia so difficult to spell
- What is style in street photography
- What is modern philosophy
- What sounds like aged whiskey
- Which muscles should I train with legs?
- How different is Mycenaean from Minoan
- What is the SI unit for matter
- Where did Robb Stark get his sword from?