What makes me overeat?
6 tips against eating out of boredom - this is how you stop eating all the time!
Eating when bored, frustrated, stressed or eating out of habit. Often it is emotions that make you feel hungry. Real hunger usually doesn't play a role. We explain how you can cope with hunger and boredom.
Eating out of boredom can quickly become a habit. This is then noticeable in the mirror. But how do you recognize hunger and why do we sometimes eat out of boredom?
Eating in case of boredom - body vs. mind
More physical, well “Real”, hunger arises slowly. At some point the stomach starts to growl and the feeling of hunger gets stronger and stronger. This hunger can be endured for quite a long time and is satisfied after eating enough.
Hunger when bored is not a physical hunger, but a misinterpreted feeling. Emotional hunger occurs suddenly, is caused by - mostly negative - emotions and needs to be satisfied immediately.
Food ensures the distribution of Happiness hormones and grounds us. Since body and mind are a unit, the mind knows how to help itself: If it is bored, stressed or the like, it causes feelings of hunger. Eating then helps on a physical level to better deal with the negative feeling.
The disadvantage: Since the body itself is not hungry and does not need any energy, these snacks often deliver Calories that are too much at the end of the day. In addition, frequent snacking upsets blood sugar levels and makes dieting or definition phases difficult.
You will learn how to do this in our article Difference between hunger and appetite know. This will make it easier for you in the future to recognize whether you are eating out of boredom.
Eating when bored - 6 tips to deal with it
Boredom? First a piece of chocolate. Better not. Usually it becomes a piece, maybe even a board. Then a banana? Better. But if your body doesn't really need anything, it's not a good choice either. We have a couple Tips compiledthat will help you deal with hunger and boredom.
1. Focus on your food.
Eating is important. So it should no minor matter be. Eating in bed, at work or while watching TV runs the risk of not being aware of what and how much you are eating. This leads to the fact that you eat more and feel hungry again faster. If possible, only eat at the table and focus on your food. Skip the TV and smartphone.
2. Look at your eating habits: When do you eat what?
Take a close look at your eating habits. When do you eat what and how much? Special attention is paid to snacks. Wonder why you are snacking. If the answer is "habit" or "boredom," just try to avoid these snacks.
3. Hunger or Thirst?
Just like too many snacks, too little drinking is a common phenomenon.
Thirst is often mistaken for a feeling of hunger. If you think you are hungry, have a glass of water and wait 5 minutes. Most of the time, feelings of hunger disappear.
4. Develop a strategy to distract yourself.
Those who are busy do not get bored. When you feel hungry, be aware of whether it is really hungry. Unless, seek distraction. A little walk, a phone call, or something that you always put off in front of you. Without boredom, false hunger pangs have no chance.
5. Stop buying junk food.
Everyone has their vices. If you know that you can't resist white chocolate or chips, avoid them. Do give a wide berth when shopping for your favorite sins. So you won't even be tempted.
6. Plan your snacks.
Scheduled snacks prevent you from eating anything out of boredom or habit. If you already know that you will get hungry between noon and evening, plan in advance what and, above all, how much you want to snack. Nuts & berries are a useful snack that provides healthy fats, protein, and carbohydrates. When the time comes, ask yourself if you are really hungry and consciously take your time instead of eating on the side.
Eating out of boredom: conclusion
- Differences between hunger and appetite.
- Don't make unhealthy snacks a habit.
- Pay attention to your eating habits and know when you are really hungry.
- Don't let boredom arise in the first place.
- Avoid junk food in the supermarket.
- Eat your meals and snacks consciously, plan them into your day.
- What is the name of a sad genre of music
- Gaming laptops have a shorter lifespan
- You can restore a deleted computer file
- Why does an object have a velocity of zero
- Can propane be used for cooking
- Are South Indians communists
- Is imperialism a right-wing ideology
- What is CPU VRIN
- How do Algerians learn English
- Bifocals with contacts are available
- What did the war of independence mean?
- When does all life end?
- What app can Instagram followers give me
- Why do you believe in your success
- What are Anupam Kher's best films
- What were the disadvantages of the RSA cryptosystem
- What is the French word for exquisite?
- What would a meaningful world look like
- How does uploading work on the satellite internet
- What are the Rocky Mountains made of
- What topics are covered in Aspire TCS
- Are you struggling to make money online?
- What are ATGC Codes in DNA
- Can I use Indian rupees in Zimbabwe?