What is the rice growing equipment market
Small grain feeds the world
Rice is the staple food for more than half of the world's population. Rice is also grown in Switzerland - especially in the canton of Ticino.
Rice cultivation has its origins somewhere between the Indian state of Assam and Myanmar, formerly Burma. Excavations of rice grains in the Chinese Yangtze Delta in southern China go back to the year 5000 BC. To this day, the largest rice-growing areas in the world are in Asia: in India, China and Thailand.
Finally, via Egypt, rice, which botanically belongs to the genus of sweet grasses, spread throughout the world. Rice was already being cultivated in Iran and Iraq around 400 BC. From the 10th century AD, rice began to be cultivated in Europe - first in Spain and from the 15th century also in Italy, which is now the largest rice producer in Europe.
Rice is now one of the most important staple foods: more than 600 million tons of rice are harvested worldwide every year, and the trend is rising (see infographic).
In Switzerland, rice has been grown in the canton of Ticino since 1997. The sandy and permeable soils in Ticino are unsuitable for wet cultivation, and the water in spring is still too cold for the rice seedlings, which are sensitive to the cold. That is why rice is grown dry in Ticino.
The big advantage compared to wet cultivation is that only a quarter of the amount of water required for wet cultivation is used. And: in contrast to wet cultivation, no climate-damaging methane gas is released. This makes Ticino rice more climate-friendly than other types of rice.
75% of Ticino rice is sold in Ticino, the rest in German-speaking Switzerland. The most common risotto varieties are Loto, Carnaroli and Arborio.
- How does a planet start to turn?
- How do I arrange big data
- Where did the colonization take place
- Which TV show is impossible to translate
- What is the basic line in the survey
- What brand makes good quality chinos
- What are the tasks of internal security
- A justification for the knowledge is necessary
- When should we pray to God?
- Where do I learn Django from
- Why are there so few kosher restaurants
- How can I make smart decisions
- If 83 36x 24 what is x
- How does timing affect the survey results
- How can I deactivate my pain receptors
- Is Infowars to blame in this lawsuit
- Can I legally do web scraping?
- What is a shut-off valve
- How is the admission to the BPharma course
- Bitcoins are a safe investment
- What is HSPAP
- What's your favorite book title
- What is a mexican pagan
- How is Romania different from Argentina?