What is mallow used for?
The mallow was already highly valued by the Chinese 5000 years ago, and mallow is even mentioned in the Bible when Moses gave mallow tea to a febrile patient.
So it was inevitable that Dioscurides and Pliny also mentioned their expectorant and irritant-relieving properties. In the Middle Ages, the mallow was one of the most important herbs.
Nowadays, however, their healing properties have been forgotten. Malventee is still offered as a house tea because of its pretty color, but less as a valuable remedy. Wrongly.
|Areas of application:|
|scientific name:||Malva neglecta|
|Plant family:||Mallow family = Malvaceae|
|popular names:||Cheese poplar, goose poplar, cask heads, cheeses, cat's claws, clawed flowers, poplars, sheep's cheese, caviar|
|Plant parts used:||Roots, flowers, leaves, seeds|
|Collection time:|| Roots: March to April and October,|
Flowers: June to August,
Leaves: June to August,
Seeds: August to September
applicationMallow cannot be boiled, but only prepared as a cold extract.
Drunk as a tea, the mallow helps against respiratory diseases and fever. With its expectorant and soothing properties, it is ideal for dry coughs.
Mallow can also help with inflammation of the digestive organs.
Externally, they can be used in the form of compresses or poultices. It softens the affected areas and promotes healing.
Plant descriptionThe mallow grows on roadsides, on rubble sites and on fences.
Their stalk is usually 30 to 40 cm long and often grows along the ground, but sometimes also upright.
With their heart shape, the round, lobed leaves of the mallow are reminiscent of the leaves of the woman's mantle.
From June the mallow unfolds its purple-red flowers, which look prettier than many ornamental plants.
There are many different types of mallow, but all of them have similar healing properties.
- Why does the news want pain
- Polestar is sold by Volvo dealers
- How does the sun affect other planets?
- Why was the PNG file format created
- Why do altcoin prices keep falling
- How do you see life today
- Why do you hate racism
- Has Israel given something to the world
- Luxury life is the key to happiness
- Will a degree make me important
- Is Germany wrong to give up nuclear power?
- How do you learn english fast
- What is nylon
- IOS Jailbreaking What are SHSH blobs
- Who is the owner of Ayodhya land
- If you choose BPT, they will be a better dental technician
- Who is DG CISF
- How does Flurry uniquely identify a user
- Which Adobe application should I specialize in?
- Do petitions actually go anywhere
- What do the current topics mean
- Are shrinking thrusts possible in young people?
- What are the solutions for depression
- Jews rule Hollywood