Can a physics engineer work at NASA
Requirements for admission to an engineering degree: How to become an engineer
Are you fascinated by technology, are you interested in actively shaping our lives, inventing innovations or improving what already exists? Then the engineering profession is just right for you. Here you can find out what you need to bring with you to study an engineering subject.
Become an engineer - that's how it works
You can only become an engineer with a degree. Even if there is no 100% definition of the engineering profession, there is a uniform nationwide stipulation that you can only become an engineer with a technical degree of at least six semesters. For you that means: You have to do at least a bachelor's degree and if you want to continue studying, you can also add a master's degree.
Requirements for an engineering degree
To begin an engineering bachelor's degree at a university, you have to High School bring. That's enough for studying at a university of applied sciences High school diploma (including practical part).
Studying without a high school diploma
The good news: You don't have to have a high school diploma to become an engineer. Anyone who has (in the best case) completed technical vocational training of at least two years and then worked for three years in their profession can also apply for a place at the university. Even those with a further education qualification, for example as a technician, or with a master's degree may be admitted to the engineering degree.
So if you don't have a high school diploma, find out exactly how the regulations at your chosen university are.
Some engineering courses require several weeks of pre-study internship. Six to eight weeks are common, less often twelve. However, many universities also offer the opportunity to gain the required practical experience in the first semester. However, this does not replace the compulsory internship integrated into the course, which is usually part of the second half of the course.
Numerus Clausus (NC)
Yes, some courses have an NC. But don't worry - on the one hand there is often enough choice of universities that have admission-free courses (i.e. without NC), on the other hand the required average grade is not that high. With a 2 or even 3 degree, you are often already in.
If you are more interested in the topic and want to read examples of NC values, read on:
NC in engineering studies
All well and good, but the formal requirements are not everything. It depends on the overall package, otherwise you will soon be frustrated with your studies.
Not only should you have good grades in chemistry, biology and physics, but you should also have a strong interest in scientific topics in general. Soaking up science shows like a sponge is a good place to start. You shouldn't underestimate the math part either! Furthermore, it should be clear that you will work a lot on the computer and should have a knack for a wide variety of software.
Since most of the technologies are used worldwide and technology companies operate internationally, a good command of English is valuable. Those who can speak more foreign languages have a clear advantage.
Well, and then you still need creativity! Why? Because developing technology is about finding solutions. Thinking outside the box, trying out different things and being open to unusual paths will help you. And all of this is best achieved in a team - loners are less in demand here.
- How is the American Public University System financed
- What does Kana lahiya mean in Hausa
- Can be dangerous to the imagination
- Which artist sang the song Senorita?
- How can I manage my time well?
- I apologize
- What is code forces
- What are the benefits of family nudism
- Should I attend GLA University for CSE
- Intelligent people become enlightened
- Is an aquarium air pump necessary
- Is there a rover on the way to Mars
- Aleister Crowley got misunderstood
- What is the best free movie recommendation site
- Which films contain songs by Taylor Swift
- What is diagonal communication
- Should I capitalize eBay
- Which business decision do you regret most
- What is the salary of NASA engineers
- What's your best management advice
- How much is an apprentice paid
- Who is the best friend
- Which music albums are absolute gems
- What is a bullet point
- How does downloading work for laypeople
- How do you overcome professional depression
- What is legally correct
- How much is 100 2 1
- Which platform is the best for podcasts
- What is a high pressure rotary valve
- What is the rarest GPU and why
- What should you always tell your husband?
- Does BFF really mean best friend forever
- A narcissist will admit lying