What's futuristic about Samsung Galaxy Fold
Samsung Galaxy Z Fold 2: The 2000-franc mobile phone in the test
With the Galaxy Z Fold 2, Samsung is bringing its new folding phone to Switzerland. We gave the device to three people and asked what they thought of the futuristic and not exactly cheap device.
- The Samsung Galaxy Z Fold 2 costs 2000 francs.
- The folding phone tested for 20 minutes.
- The device left a lasting impression.
In addition to the Galaxy Z Fold 2, the predecessor looks like a prototype. Samsung has succeeded in revising its folding phone through and through with the new version. Displays, hinges, cameras, design: everything is better than its predecessor. The device still looks a bit like a clunky Nokia Communicator when folded, but unfolding it reveals a futuristic device that is second to none.
At over 280 grams, the Z Fold 2 is a heavyweight among smartphones. For comparison: The iPhone 11 Pro Max weighs 226 grams, the Samsung Galaxy Note 20 Ultra 208 grams. Samsung has improved the design of the Fold 2 significantly. The hinge now looks much more stable and the protective layer on the foldable display is less noticeable. The hook? Because of its construction, the device is not protected against water and dust.
Even if you have opened the device several dozen times, it remains fascinating that the screen can simply be folded in the middle. The screen is anything but a gimmick: the colors are rich, the contrast is high, and everything runs smoothly and quickly. Practical: Samsung has made the outer screen of the Fold 2 significantly larger. In other words: Quickly write an SMS or just google something on the Internet has now become much easier. On the previous mini-screen, you needed a sure instinct to hit the small letters.
With a price of 2000 francs, the Samsung Galaxy Z Fold 2 is not a smartphone suitable for the masses. But it's the most exciting device we've tested in the past few months - by far. But it doesn't mean that you should buy a folding phone right now. Because the Fold 2 is not flawless either. This leaves the display prone to scratches and the question of how good the device feels after several months of use. Nevertheless, it is important that the device exists: Technologically, the new category of folding cell phones remains exciting. It is quite possible that we will look back ten years from now and realize what an important role Samsung has played here with its Fold.
If you subscribe to the digital push, you will be informed about news and rumors from the world of Whatsapp, Snapchat, Instagram, Samsung, Apple and Co. You will also be the first to receive warnings about viruses, Trojans, phishing attacks and ransomware. There are also tricks to get more out of your digital devices.
This is how it works: Install the latest version of the 20-minute app. At the bottom right, tap on «Cockpit», then «Settings» and finally on «Push notifications». Under “Topics”, tap “Digital” - et voilà!
- How does nature define man
- Why is tuberculosis spreading?
- Will the world end with capitalism
- What is the smallest Japanese maple tree
- Where does postage come from
- Club Factory betrayed someone
- Where can I trade crypto without verification
- Why do the mutual wealth games take place
- Why is heaven not on earth?
- What does self-updating mean to you
- How do AIIMS PG toppers prepare
- What makes cats dig
- Why are most of the Goans Christians
- Is Bangalore a cheap city
- What is braces race
- Who are the richest people in Iraq
- What will happen to football after Messi?
- What are some cool php tricks
- Fought Mexico in World War II
- Makes you live longer kindness
- Who loves to study
- If 28 74x 85 what is x
- What can you do with beryllium
- What is activation function in machine learning
- Should Quora open a dating site
- Where can I buy debt portfolios
- Israel has an air force
- How can I identify the best toothpaste
- How much time does it take to learn the guitar
- How is life in Vladivostok
- What should you not use Windex for?
- Which is better plastic or metal straws
- Why should I learn origami
- Which is the best cricket shop online