Racial relations have deteriorated
USA - history, economy, society
Prof. Dr. Jörg Nagler was a research fellow at the German Historical Institute in Washington, D.C., director of the Kennedy House in Kiel and has been teaching North American history at the Friedrich Schiller University in Jena since 1999. His work focuses on the social and political history of the USA in the 19th and 20th centuries, war and society in the USA, history of immigration, German-American cultural transfer and African-American history.
In 2010, about 37 million Americans were born abroad, which corresponds to approximately 13 percent of the total population. Since the census survey of 1990, the proportion of immigrants in the total population has risen by more than 50 percent. Over 40 percent of all foreign-born US citizens have immigrated to the United States since 1990. Within this group, over 41 percent come from Latin America and about 37 percent from Asia.
The ethnic composition of the population has also changed over the decades. In the 1950 census, the proportion of Afro-Americans was around ten percent; in 2010, their share was estimated at around 39 million and thus around 12.2 percent of the total population.
According to demographic projections, the white proportion of the population will shrink from approx. 63 percent in 2012 to 43 percent in 2060. During the same period, the black population will decrease from 13 to 15 percent and the Asian population from 5.1 to approx. 8.2 percent to grow. The greatest increase will be in the Hispanic American population: in 2012, their share was 17 percent, which corresponds to around 50 million people. In 2060, they are expected to make up 31 percent of the total population.
- What is a substitute for watercress
- How can I stop feeling sexy?
- Is smoking more dangerous than drinking alcohol
- How do I learn critical thinking
- What does chan mean in modern Japanese
- What are some video sharing sites
- Which is better side bacon or belly bacon
- What's your favorite American restaurant chain
- What is the best hospital in Berlin
- Which model car is that
- What is faster beta alpha or gamma
- How are statistics used in marketing
- What are some recommended startups
- Halal mayonnaise is made with spirit vinegar
- What is a Double Board Certified Surgeon
- What is Applewoods Township in Bopal Ahmedabad
- What does the following code 2
- Who controls education in the UK
- Do you like rough sex
- Is Petra Jordan worth the trip
- What is the full form of SEBI
- Can I lose weight without eating oats
- What is the patient experience
- What about the practical backlog
- How to hide yellow teeth
- What was the name of the brothers Shivaji
- Why don't popular websites make apps
- What factors made Jeffrey Dahmer a psychopath?
- Should I ask my crush
- What is the Best Medicare Benefit Plan
- What historical nation was the biggest tail
- How is Romania different from Argentina?
- Is Fujinuma Satoru's power really called revival?