How is jaundice diagnosed
Jaundice: Diagnosis & Treatment
Examinations & Diagnosis
Signs of jaundice should see the patient immediately to a doctor to find out the underlying disease. In addition to asking about complaints and previous illnesses, the doctor will initiate special blood tests.
The liver and biliary tract system can be examined using ultrasound (sonography). This examination method is free of radiation and pain for the patient.
If bile duct stones or a tumor are suspected, a bile duct display with an endoscope (ERC) is often performed after sonography or another imaging procedure. The doctor can remove bile duct stones or splint and relieve the congested duct system in the case of a tumor disease.
In addition, further examinations such as computed tomography, magnetic resonance imaging and (for tumors) punctures in the abdomen may be necessary.
Treatment for jaundice depends on the disease causing it. Gallstones can, for example, be removed with specially equipped endoscopes when the bile duct is shown.
If the gallbladder disease persists, it often has to be surgically removed. For this purpose, in addition to the classic operation, the gentle laparoscopy is increasingly being practiced. If drugs are the cause of jaundice, the liver often recovers on its own after discontinuation of the substance. Acute viral infections of the liver very often heal spontaneously. If they become chronic, antiviral drugs are used.
If liver disease is the cause of jaundice, patients should absolutely avoid alcohol and only take the most essential medication.
- What exactly is a violation of the rebar?
- What was Apple's product line in 08
- Stretch after your workout
- What is manganese
- What makes you a high quality person
- Who Owns Vox Messages
- How does a monarchy work in Brazil
- How are strategies formulated?
- Supports the Moto G5 VR
- How do I reduce my pores
- What tasks does a business analyst have to perform?
- Why did China annex Inner Mongolia?
- What is Tunisia weather in december
- What is the provincial tree of Nagaland
- What free graphic design software is recommended
- Are conservatives racist
- Why do Ethiopian restaurants serve samosa
- Conducts rubber electricity
- How many places does a house have?
- Why are we not productive
- Which is greater than 9 or 0
- What are thematic details
- BLACKPINK was the first K-Pop band
- How does the Avantor improvement for men work?