Are data scientists the future CEOs
Introduction to Data Science & Machine Learning for Real Estate
In December there will be a training seminar on the application of data science to real estate for proptech investors and real estate professionals.
In two half-day sessions, the PropertyQuants online course teaches the most important data science concepts for real estate. Discussion of the implementation and operationalization as well as the associated challenges; and highlight trends and disruptive business models that are affecting the industry.
Participants will be empowered to bring data science transformations to their business, make more informed data strategy decisions, and make better investments.
The seminar lasts two half days on December 1st and 2nd and starts every day at 8 a.m. GMT.
The technical topics discussed include:
- Data science methods for real estate
- Data sources and price indexing
- Automated assessment and forecast
- Clustering, Spatial Intelligence, and Geographic Information Systems
- new technologies
This seminar is for you if:
- You want to make data-driven real estate decisions, including how to use your company's data, but don't know where to start
- You need to work with or hire technical or data science staff or consultants but do not know what to ask for or what is possible, or;
- You're evaluating investments in proptech companies and need help navigating existing and future technologies and trends
At the end of this seminar you will:
- Familiarize yourself with domain-specific data science methods for real estate
- Understand the potential benefits and uses of data science in real estate, how these techniques can support critical business decisions, and understand potential implementation challenges
- Learn how data science is spreading across the industry and gain insight into the business models of disruptive new proptech companies
- Know what to ask of programmers and data scientists, and better evaluate new hires in data science or outsourced consultants
- Make more informed decisions related to collaborating or investing in data science startups or digital transformation initiatives
There will be two guest speakers:
- Topi Tiihonen, CEO of SkenarioLabs, will introduce his Finland-based AVM company and talk about collaboration between institutions and startups - how to build trust, tackle the challenges of data sharing and negotiate legal and "political" barriers
- Arical CEO Clement Tien will speak about his Hong Kong-based geospatial AI startup and explore ways to monetize real estate data science, its insights and travel, and the Asian context, including willingness to pay for data and analytics, fundraisers and more
The seminar will be moderated by Nelson Lau, PhD, CFA, CEO of PropertyQuants. PropertyQuants is a team of ex-quant traders who develop quantitative investment strategies for real estate.
To learn more about the course, fill out the form on the PropertyQuants seminar website.
Register for the seminar through Eventbrite.PlaceTech readers can enter PLACETECH20 when registering to receive a 20% discount on the seminar price. There are a limited number of tickets available at this discounted price.
- How did Blend Labs get its name
- Is everything craft beer cloudy
- How can I speed up Microsoft Excel
- What are the useful Russian websites
- How to draw medical illustrations
- What are the disadvantages of supercomputers
- What is the best sounding violin
- Why isn't the government paying our rent?
- How is MySQL used in data science
- What is your least popular sports opinion
- What is the best alternative to Klear
- Can platinum be made from other elements
- Trust in digital currency
- How do you get early from the probationary period?
- What is your definition of a limit
- Where did homeopathic medicine gain importance for the first time
- The Vikings occupied all of Scandinavia
- Has anyone ever hijacked a TV show?
- Elderberry has side effects
- What is the story of River Island
- Why is Mexican cheese tasteless
- What do Tanzania Safari Tours cost
- How do I overcome inner distraction
- Which store did Walmart come from