How is the scent of perfumes tested?
As a blogger, I often get new fragrances sent to me, but unfortunately I rarely find a fragrance that appeals to me. Burberry Brit and Daisy of Marc Jacobs are two exceptions that I "endure", most fragrances are just too intrusive for me and I get a headache from them. Similar to the choice of color (summer type, autumn type, etc.), however, supposedly every person is a certain type of scent and all you have to do is find out which one you are ...
Perfume: more than just a beauty accessory
Buying perfume is exhausting for me: In the perfumery, I stand in front of the endless shelves with fragrances and am simply overwhelmed. The helpful ladies then hand me one synthetic fragrance from well-known designers after the other and I don't like any of them. Even worse: at some point I don't even know if and what I like. A perfume is much more than just a beauty accessory. It can evoke memories and affect mood. I therefore dealt a little more intensively with my smell taste. I was on the fragrance test of the perfume developer Dr. Joachim Mensing (including Davidoff Cool Water).
Which color rosette do you like? Image credit: Own graphic implementation according to Mensing
Fragrance type: The color rosette test
Dr. Mensing is of the opinion that when reaching for a certain perfume, psychological factors, i.e. our personality and our experience desires, play a major role. When choosing a fragrance, there is a very special process: First, we check whether we can identify with a perfume (the name and marketing also play a major role here) and then we relate the fragrance to what we want to experience. Joachim Mensing has made use of the connection between fragrance, color and self-awareness and developed eight large fragrance families. To find out which of the fragrance families and thus which perfumes suit you best, decide spontaneously which of the color rosettes shown above appeals to you most.
You can find the answer here.
I would rather assign my perfume favorites to the floral and not fruity fragrance family, but the transitions between floral and fruity are probably fluid / Image credit: Douglas
What type of perfume am I? My result
Personally, I like the pastel variant at the bottom in the middle the most. That means that I supposedly like fruity perfumesRalph Lauren - Ralph, Donna Karan - DKNY and Gucci - Envy Me accept. The perfumes that I liked the most so far: Marc Jacobs - Daisy, Burberry - Brit, and Lacoste - Eau de Lacoste I would have rather assigned the flowery direction. In any case, it is important to me that the smell lasts on the skin for a long time, but does not develop an overly intense note. Perhaps, however, the synthetic perfumes don't really appeal to me. How do you feel about perfumes, have you already found your fragrance family?
MORE ON THE SUBJECT
- Is Putin just a puppet
- How important is entertainment to you
- What is the Tamil translation for passport
- Are my children's education costs tax deductible?
- What are the weaknesses of man
- Do Norwegians change their clothes in public
- Algo trading is possible for individuals
- Does BFF really mean best friend forever
- Who is the best women's footballer
- Why do people eat baby sharks
- What is fructose
- Is the correction of the ICSE boards liberal
- Can you share some pleasant pictures
- Shared magnets lose their magnetism
- Why colors don't exist in the dark
- What is white kerosene
- Is it bad to be manipulated?
- What would happen if SpaceX went bankrupt?
- Who does nature belong to?
- What celebrities were homeless
- Count refunds as taxable income
- What is scaling in surveying
- Has signed up modes in Quora
- Let's get the politicians we deserve
- What is braces race
- Why does an object have a velocity of zero
- Which netbooks have a CD drive
- What are the best options after 12th.
- Is Converse still used in sports
- Are you ready to be happy now
- How can we attach documents in the iPhone
- The fax becomes out of date