Has the family feud been resolved?
Guilty verdict ends family feud
The process as a result of a family feud over an intolerable love affair between a young woman and a 31-year-old man at the Innsbruck Regional Court ended on Tuesday with a guilty verdict. In total, one Turk and five Austrians of Turkish origin had to answer for, among other things, serious bodily harm, threats and coercion.
Feud for forbidden love
In the end, the 46-year-old father of the 19-year-old was the only one who was sentenced to three months' imprisonment conditional to three years and a fine of 1,200 euros for attempted deliberate serious bodily harm. The remaining defendants, including the grandfather and the girl's boyfriend at the time, were acquitted, or prosecutor Hermann Hofer had ruled out individual crimes beforehand. The judgment was not final for the time being, as neither the prosecutor nor the 46-year-old made a statement.
Verbal and physical attacks
The starting point was the girl's relationship with the 31-year-old third-party defendant, which was not approved by her family, the prosecutor emphasized in the opening speech. In the course of the conflict, which lasted several months, the six defendants attacked each other "verbally and physically". Among other things, a hammer and a wrench were used as weapons.
Quarrel between friend and grandfather as a trigger
On November 17, 2009, there should have been a dispute between the boyfriend and the 60-year-old grandfather of the girl. The grandfather is said to have pulled a 30 centimeter long "French" (adjustable wrench, note) and hit the 31-year-old in the face with it. The 60-year-old protested at the trial that he was innocent and said that he only wanted to "confront" his granddaughter, who had run away from home. He was worried that the girl was taking drugs. It is said that there was only a verbal argument with the opponent in which he threatened to "set fire to his gas station".
Further threats after the relationship ended
The 31-year-old naturally described the incident differently. The girl asked him for help by phone. When he came to the scene, the 60-year-old suddenly pulled the wrench and hit him. He then got into the car and alerted the police. Even after he had already ended the relationship, the family is said to have threatened him again and again. Several members confronted him on April 27 of this year. The 46-year-old hit him on the head several times with a hammer.
Judge: "Witnesses lied to the court"
Judge Melichar emphasized that there was a "great confusion" of evidence and statements in today's hearing: "It can be concluded from this that numerous witnesses lied to the court". Many of the different versions would contradict each other and in some cases they were also contradicting themselves. Therefore, it could not be determined with certainty whether a wrench was actually involved on November 17th. Based on the 46-year-old's confession, it is only clear that he hit the daughter's boyfriend on the head. In addition to the confession, the previous blamelessness and the "heated situation" with the daughter had to be assessed as mitigating.
- What is log x y
- Is asthma obstructive or restrictive
- Are there superpower girls
- Does Kanban work for UX design
- Can beat whis vados
- What is the minimum wage in Michigan
- Can we build a probability machine
- What is the line break option in the editor
- How can the RAM capacity be measured
- Is rice an example of an herb
- What is Jiu Jitsu
- Is the auto industry corrupt
- How did Mozart influence the Renaissance?
- Why did Emmanuel Adebayor leave Arsenal
- The bomb attack on Dresden was exaggerated
- What is a fresh bull
- What is discourse 1
- Are you possessive
- Is it necessary to write function codes
- Pokemon Franchise Why Does Flying Resist Fighting
- What does the English word whataboutery mean
- What are some psychological skills
- How much time does it take to learn the guitar
- What is tcp punch
- How should a blogger proceed against ad blockers
- How do you classify a new species
- What is the history of digital audio
- What is achievement motivation theory
- Why is cheese called cheese
- What is the bullwhip effect with examples
- Did you serve in the Navy seals?
- How do I solve logical problems
- How did Stephen Hawking advance humanity?
- Which programming language is better 1