What are Mahabharatham and Ramayanam
Mahabharata and Ramayana
The Mahabharata is next to the Ramayana one of the most extensive epics of Hinduism and is considered an essential part
of Hindu belief and tradition.
It is also considered to be the longest epic in the world. It belongs to the Smritis, which contain the holy writings of the Hindus about the gods.
The Mahabharata in detail:
Mahabharata means something like "The story of the great struggle of the Bharata".
According to the tradition of the Mahabharata, it was found on the “Kurus field” about 160km north of Delhi in Kurukshetra (Haryana state)
according to which the great battle of Kurukshetra took place, which formed the background for the Bhagavadgita.
In the 18-day battle, the Kauravas fought against the Pandavas, who had been cheated of their kingdom by the Kauravas
and demanded their share back after a 13-year exile.
In the resulting battle, the close blood relatives from three generations fought against each other as well as the greatest warriors as allies
their time. In this difficult situation - before the battle begins - the divine Krishna (as the avatar of Vishnu) explains
the great hero of the Pandavas, why he has to fight. All efforts for previous peace had been in vain.
The Kauravas die during the battle and few Pandavas survived.
They take control and lead their country into a long, happy time.
The meaning of the Mahabharata:
These philosophical explanations summarize the knowledge of the various intellectuals
and religious currents of the past. Hindus and other philosophers see this fight as an allegory.
You interpret the armed conflicts in Kurukshetra as a symbol for the ‘battlefield’ of yoga and the
Confrontation between the forces of the divine order and those of the ego.
This “song of the sublime”, the Bhagavadgita, is still one of the most widely read holy books in India today.
There are also short stories, songs and didactic poems in the Mahabharata.
In them, wise Hindus have written down their knowledge of the gods.
In total, the Mahabharata comprises 18 books and 100,000 double verses.
It is believed that the epic had its written origin in the 800 years between 400 BC. BC and AD 400
but based on much older reports.
The Mahabharata is considered to be "Dharmashastra", one of the many scriptures that pass on the "Dharma / teaching" on righteousness and good customs.
The Ramayana (Sanskrit रामायण rāmāyaṇa, for "the gang of Ramas") is the second Indian epic after the Mahabharata
The exact time of origin is unclear, it is between the 4th century BC. And the 2nd century AD
The form known today (with seven books) should have reached the Ramayana in the 2nd century AD.
The Ramayana in detail:
The Ramayana tells the life and love story of Prince Rama, who is considered the incarnation of the god Vishnu, in seven books.
In the poem, the evil demon Ravana Sita kidnaps Prince Rama's wife to the island of Lanka.
When they are liberated, Rama the general Hanuman comes to the rescue with his army of monkeys.
Together they manage to defeat the demon and free Sita.
Rama is allowed to ascend the throne as a courageous and brave warrior and becomes a wise and just ruler.
- Are there American restaurants in Mexico
- What musical instrument did Bartolomeo Cristofori invent?
- What is 2461 0
- Clinton was charged on the facts
- Do doctors make more money than chemical engineers
- Which language should I choose in Duolingo
- What technological advances have flu vaccines improved
- What is 8 8 20
- What is diagonal communication
- Has signed up modes in Quora
- All children can be child prodigies
- How do I protect my outside TV
- What's the theme song of Scrubs
- Did Yeshua speak Aramaean or Hebrew?
- What is style in street photography
- What are the properties of thermodynamics
- What makes a big quesadilla
- Why does Iago want Cassio to be dead
- Is John Travolta's hair real
- What is Applewoods Township in Bopal Ahmedabad
- Why is marzipan always shaped like fruit
- Do you think about your career?
- Austin Texas is named after whom
- Black holes have an infinite gravity
- Will VR take over the game industry
- When was Uttar Pradesh born
- What is your favorite medicinal plant
- Motivational seminars are a scam
- Why do exams make children frustrated
- What is healthy eating at Starbucks
- Why did the Maratha Kingdom not annex Delhi?
- Will narcissists put the blame on their children?
- Mobile dental clinic is a great option