Why are the Biggest Corporations in California
California has a tremendously powerful economy. If California were a nation of its own, it would be in the top 10 economically strong countries.
Although the Agriculture is gradually relinquishing its place as the most important branch of the economy to industry, large quantities of fruit and vegetables are still produced in California, including carrots, lettuce, onions, broccoli, tomatoes, strawberries and almonds. The most profitable crops in California are grapes, cotton, flowers, and oranges. However, dairy products make up the largest share of agricultural income, and California is also the leader in milk production within the USA. in this sector. The state also grows most of the US wine. California farms are very productive due to good soils, long growing seasons, and the use of modern farming methods. Irrigation is vital, especially in the San Joaquin Valley and Imperial Valley. The harvesting and packing of the fruits is mostly done by migrants, especially Mexicans. The fishing is another important industry in California.
Much of the state Industrial production is based on the processing of agricultural products and on local resources such as oil, natural gas, wood, sand and gravel. Since World War II, the manufacture of electronic devices, computers, machines, transportation accessories, and metal products has grown tremendously. The Defense industry, a mainstay of the economy especially in southern California, has shrunk after the end of the Cold War, a heavy burden for the state. However, many high-tech companies and small, low-tech (often low-wage) businesses have remained in Southern California. Further north is the "Silicon Valley"between Palo Alto and San Jose. The name refers to the fact that the leading manufacturers of semiconductors are located here. The region is also a focus of software development.
California remains a major center for that Entertainment industry (including cinema and television film production), especially in Hollywood and Burbank. Also the tourism is an important source of income. Disneyland, Sea World, and other theme parks attract millions of visitors each year. San Francisco with its attractions and numerous communities with entertainment offers in the Los Angeles area also benefit from tourism. California is rich in natural beauty, especially in its numerous national parks, forests and on the Pacific coast. Some of the most beautiful sights include the Yosemite Falls and the giant Sequoia trees.
One of the biggest problems for California is the huge one Water requirement. The once fertile Owens Valley is now dry and the water is drawn off to Los Angeles, just under 300 km away. In the fertile Imperial Valley, irrigation is ensured by the All-American Canal, which is fed by the Colorado River. In the Central Valley the water has so far been poorly distributed, this problem is reduced by the large Central Valley Project. After cuts in federally funded water projects in the 1970s and 80s, many California cities began buying water from areas with excess water. To date, however, there are numerous political problems related to the fair use of water. After California failed to come up with a long-term plan for water use from the Colorado, the US federal government stopped California's water abstraction from the river in 2003.
- Is scientific knowledge superior to religious knowledge
- What are some good 20 word stories
- For some people love is a fallacy
- Which Japan Rail Pass should I buy
- What are the components of brand positioning
- How long are cat years
- What is nature's scariest wild animal
- Is it okay to multitask?
- Who is the most underrated rap artist
- What are psychological facts
- What is the best material for mattresses
- Which is the best art magazine
- Are there Muslim converts in ISIS
- How early should I book movers?
- Should Verizon buy Twitter
- How can a person keep them from getting bunions
- What are some beautiful German books
- How does veganism help humanity
- What are the best business courses
- What is Consolidated and Separate Financial Statements
- What is 5 5 8 1
- What are the benefits of joining YPO
- Can sarcasm ruin a good relationship
- Can cracked cultured marble countertops be repaired?
- What made Gautama Buddha leave his kingdom?
- Compression shorts are healthy to wear
- Why don't brokers accept debit cards
- Why do Indonesians hate communist ideology
- What does a piano performance consist of
- How are atoms made
- What is digital procurement
- What are some fear tactics
- Difference between wired and wireless
- Why are there so many baerte