What is the definition of noun 1
What is a noun? Definition of part of speech | Example sentences and notes
The Noun (also: noun) belongs to the inflectable or changeable parts of speech. Nouns are used to describe objects, people or certain facts. The nominal inflection is called declination.
This is called gender grammatical gender of a noun. This is either masculine (m.), Neutral (n.) Or feminine (f.). The genus is inherent feature, which cannot be recognized by the noun, but is only indicated by the article. While there are some rules that refer to a specific gender, the gender assignment seems to be arbitrary in most cases. For this reason, it is a good idea to learn a noun along with the article.
the Apple (masculine, singular)
the Jam (feminine, singular)
the Bread (neutral, singular)
Gender vs. Sex
Gender is not to be equated with sex. Whereas gender is that grammatical gender the sexus aims at that natural or biological sexfrom. Nevertheless, the grammatical gender often corresponds to the natural gender (the Man - the Mrs, the Son - the Daughter, the Male cat - theCat, the Stallion - theMare)
The number indicates the number of objects or people identified. Nouns are in Singular(Singular) or Plural. There are no differences in gender in the plural. In all genera there is the article “die”.
the Apples (masculine, singular)
the Jams (feminine, singular)
theBreads (neutral, singular)
Nouns differ in terms of their role or function in a sentence. In order to be able to show different roles, nouns appear in different cases. Often the case is not shown directly on the noun, but on article words or adjectives. There are four cases in German: nominative, accusative, dative and genitive.
boy plays soccer in the garden. (Nominative, syntactic function: subject)
The girl kisses the young. (Accusative, syntactic function: direct object)
The mother gives the boy a football. (Dative, syntactic function: indirect object)
The mother of the boy is very personable. (Genitive, syntactic function: genitive attribute)
The strong declination occurs with masculine and neuter. It is characterized by the fact that the nouns are based on the genitive singular -(it end up.
Example: the apple (strong declination)
|Nominative||the Apple||the apples|
|accusative||the Apple||the apples|
|dative||the apple||the apples|
|Genitive||of the apples||of apples|
Weak declination (N declination)
The weak declination (also: N-declination) occurs exclusively with masculine. With this type of declension, a noun ends in the ending in all cases -en.
Example: the boy (weak declination)
|accusative||the youngen||the youngen|
|dative||the youngen||the youngen|
|Genitive||of the youngen||the youngen|
The mixed declination is followed by the declination in the singular ofstrong declination and the declination in the plural of the weak declension.
Example: the eye (mixed declination)
|Nominative||the eye||the eyeen|
|accusative||the eye||the eyeen|
|dative||the eye||the eyeen|
|Genitive||of the eyes||the eyeen|
Declination of the feminine
A special feature of the declension of feminine nouns is that no endings are required in the singular. For some feminines, the ending (-n) is added in the dative plural.
Example: the jam (feminine)
|Nominative||the jam||the jams|
|accusative||the jam||the jams|
|dative||the jam||the jams|
|Genitive||the jam||the jams|
- How can I improve my anime drawings
- Scarecrows really scare crows
- What's the newest top song
- Plastic is a good carbon sink
- When do you go on vacation at the LPU?
- Which is the best SSD laptop
- Racial relations have deteriorated
- What are the 2 types of explosions
- What are the environmental impacts of nanomaterials
- On what date did Jesus choose his disciples?
- What's the deal with Google's new logo
- Why am I so easy to control
- How can incumbent candidates lose
- How do i heal my lungs
- How are we success Bussines Cafe
- Are accident reports classified as public records
- How can brands get customers to take care of them
- Why do esters smell fruity
- How should i download uteta ru videos
- Are blogs free? If so, why
- Which Mughal rule wrote Gazal
- What is a starting point in sinusoids
- Who coined silver buffalo rounds
- Who are some typographers on Quora
- What is MHz in telecommunications
- How did Halsey write the song Colors
- Eat artichokes and fill you up
- Michigan State is a good engineering school
- What is hey siri
- Why is scotch so expensive in India
- Polaroid cameras produce high quality images
- What are the origins of mathematics
- Why is Sephora the best makeup store
- Trump is filled with UFOs