Why do you call certain animals pets
What should you pay attention to when purchasing a pet?
Getting a pet needs to be well thought out. Hundreds of thousands of animals end up in animal shelters every year because their owners can no longer or do not want to take care of them. Suddenly the expenditure of time becomes too great, costs pile up or living conditions change. But animals are not things that you can buy and then "get rid of" at will. Animals are living beings that make many demands on their keeping. That is why it is so important to look carefully at whether you are even eligible as a pet owner.
10 questions before buying a pet
When we think of a pet, we tend to think of scenes of sweet and loyal companions who enrich our lives. These thoughts often overshadow the obligations, responsibilities, and costs of keeping a pet. For this reason, it is important to think about the following 10 aspects beforehand:
- How much time can I raise for my pet?
- What precise tasks does the maintenance?
- Is it possible to keep it in a species-appropriate manner in my living space? Do I have enough space?
- Is the pet with the Children compatible?
- Which fixed costs come to me monthly?
- Which acquisition cost do I have to take into account?
- Does anyone in the household have an allergy? If in doubt, have it tested.
- Have you taken care of the animal's food during the holiday?
- Am I willing to take care of the animal if it gets sick?
- Am I ready to care for the animal until the end of its life?
If you are very enthusiastic about a certain species of animal, you should inform yourself accordingly Care needs, time expenditure, maintenance and costs for care and food to inform. There can be big differences from animal to animal.
Cost of a pet - a brief overview
The question of the cost of a pet is particularly important when the potential pet owner may also have to look after a family with children. In such a case it is very important to check your own budget carefully and to offset the costs.
When it comes to the cost of a pet, a distinction must be made between 3 important points:
- The pure acquisition cost for the animal
- The one-time cost for basic equipment
- The running costs for food, visits to the doctor and the like
The following table aims to compare popular types of pets in terms of the 3 types of costs:
|cat||dog||bird||Small animals and rodents|
|high (pedigree cat for several hundred euros) to very low (free kitten from mixed breed cats)||very high (pedigree dogs with pedigree for up to 1,500 euros) to very low (older dog from the animal shelter)||depending on the bird species from high (Beos for several hundred euros) to low||usually quite low (10-50 euros)|
|Basic equipment||medium (litter box, care utensils, scratching post, toys, transport box)||low to medium (sleeping basket or dog house (then high), leash, possibly muzzle, toys||medium to high (suitable cage (!!), play equipment,)||medium to high (suitable enclosure, play equipment, house)|
|running costs||medium (vaccinations, veterinary costs, feed)||medium to high (vaccinations and veterinary costs, insurance, feed)||low to medium (food, low medical costs)||low to medium (food, rather low medical costs)|
Pets and children
In principle, almost all pets are to be kept in a household with children, but at least concerns are appropriate when it comes to potentially dangerous animal species. Since children also want to play with the animals, free-roaming animals such as cats or dogs are generally very suitable. The four-legged friends become part of the family and are often eager to frolic with the little ones. Rodents and other small animals can still be petted, which is also very nice for children. Birds and fish, on the other hand, are more likely to be pets to watch.
Particularly with cats and dogs, attention should be paid to the character of the pet. For example, there are dogs that don't get along well with children. Others love children.
Also, don't let your kids rush into buying a pet if they want one. Small animals that were intended as birthday or Christmas gifts often end up in the animal shelter because the children then quickly lose interest in them. So wait and see how first your child really means the wish and make it clear to him which responsibilities are connected with a pet.
Affection and attention for the pet
Another important point when buying a pet is whether the new pet owner can offer the pet a nice home. Lots of pets need Care and attention. At best you should like family members be treated. This clearly involves more than just feeding and basic care:
- Many animals (e.g. dogs and cats) need daily game rounds
- Small animals such as rabbits, guinea pigs and hamsters also urgently need to employed become! Both through the people and through the arrangement of their enclosure!
- All animals must Love and security mediated
- Many animals such as rabbits, guinea pigs or birds urgently need one or more conspecifics, a second cat is also often useful for indoor cats.
Conclusion: buying a pet: yes or no?
Anyone who decides on a pet, is well informed beforehand about the requirements as well as the species-appropriate keeping and taking all important factors into account, will be able to enrich their lives and that of their pets enormously. If the loyal, animal friends are loved, they give just as much back. They belong to the family and certainly ensure many beautiful and funny moments.
Those who cannot meet the requirements of their desired animal should also do so honestly admit and refrain from buying an animal. In this case, neither humans nor animals benefit from it. And who knows, maybe one day life's circumstances will change and animal husbandry will still be possible ...
- What is your favorite Emraan Hasmi film?
- What can we learn from every avenger
- What are encryption algorithms
- Do you like cheese and cucumber sandwiches
- How do doctors perform operations
- Can IKEA kitchen cabinets be painted?
- Static electricity can ignite gasoline fumes
- How much do swabs cost
- Who is DG CISF
- What can I expect from Infosys Mysore
- What are the advantages of oligopoly
- Narcissists are more attracted to shy people
- During the fight, where do AWACS planes go
- Why do writers like Scrivener so much
- Analytical philosophy is all stuff
- What are home decor mistakes to avoid
- What do the current topics mean
- An anxiety disorder causes frequent urination
- What are the most common headaches
- What is the importance of Othello
- How does software recognize plagiarism
- What time of year is best to travel
- How big is the Cuban Navy
- What does correspondence course mean