What is myofascial restriction
Pain and dysfunction of the musculoskeletal system can have different causes.
The muscles as the primary cause of pain and functional impairment have long been neglected. Especially Dr. Janet Travell and Prof. Dr. David Simons from the USA have placed the muscles at the center of their scientific work: the muscles have a major influence on disorders of the locomotor system and can directly cause acute as well as chronic pain conditions. Travell and Simons show that the "myofascial trigger points" they describe are very often responsible as the dominant disease factor for pain and functional restrictions in the neuro-musculo-skeletal system.
Overloading or traumatic overstretching often creates zones in a muscle that are characterized by hypoxia. As a result of the lack of oxygen in these areas, the myosin and actin filaments can no longer separate from each other (rigor complex). These diseased muscle areas can be felt (trigger points): provocation by means of pressure triggers a pain that is often transmitted to other parts of the body (referred pain). But not only pain, but also paresthesia, muscle weakness without primary atrophy, restricted mobility, proprioceptive disorders with impaired coordination and autonomic vegetative reactions can be caused by trigger points.
The sum of all symptoms triggered by active trigger points is referred to as the "myofascial pain syndrome".
With a suitable therapy, this muscle pathology can often - and sometimes even after years - be completely eliminated.
- How is marijuana related to depression
- Which shape has 5 corners
- What are cell organs
- What do you think of Virginia Tech
- Loses Flipkart to Amazon
- Can use a hamster chew toy
- What are the best ideas for investment
- How does blood cancer spread
- If the preparatory college is only taught in German
- How do you teach a child
- What's wrong with Joe Lonsdale's tongue
- How does timing affect the survey results
- What religions did Christianity draw inspiration from?
- Are bars of soap attacked by germs
- How can I avoid dry hands?
- Do you have musical ly
- How do you deal with micromanagement
- Why is lamb so expensive in Texas
- Who starred in the movie 12 Strong
- If there is a mind, what about science
- Is it good for eating fruits these days
- Where do I learn Django from
- Are kava supplements dangerous
- Who is the best yoga teacher online