What are the uses of bauxite mineral
bauxite describes an aluminum ore, which consists of various aluminum minerals, iron oxides, clay minerals and titanium oxide. Bauxite owes its name to the southern French town of Baux-de-Provence, where the stone was discovered and described for the first time by Pierre Berthier in 1821. It arises in the course of so-called Allitic weathering, when high temperatures and heavy rainfall at the same time, such as during the monsoons, decompose various rocks and dissolve minerals. This is particularly the case in the humid tropics, subtropics and in the climatic zones near the equator, where high humidity favors a low pH value, which is responsible for the intensity of hydrolysis. As a result, residual deposits of laterites, aluminum-rich limestones, silicates and calcretes are formed. The ion leaching within the rock layers caused by weathering has the consequence that stable minerals form on the earth's surface during the rainy periods. In times of extreme drought, such as those following the monsoon season in the tropics, the ions evaporate, leaving a layer of salt that is washed away in the subsequent rainy season. The underlying material now consists almost exclusively of aluminum and iron oxides in a high concentration caused by the leaching, as well as silica.
As a laterite with a high aluminum content, bauxite can form on almost any rock with an aluminum content in the warm tropics, in which rainy and dry seasons alternate, and has different compositions depending on the intensity of the leaching and drainage. Depending on the type of residual deposit and the underlying rock layer, a distinction is made between two types of bauxites. In the tropical climate zones, rocks rich in aluminum produce laterite or silicate bauxites, which are of great economic importance due to their high proportion of iron and aluminum. Limestone bauxites, which are also mined in Europe, now make up a small proportion of the mined rock and can also be found in Europe.
- Is Teflon a polymer or a monomer
- What are the characteristics of coniferous trees
- Which big companies sponsor executive development programs?
- Why was the Brihadeeswarar Temple built
- Angola What are some good Angolan films
- What are your five best tool songs
- What kind of factory to start in Ahmedabad
- Should be considered dubstep as good music
- Why should you get a degree in social anthropology?
- Why is depression not considered a disability
- What is mental strength
- Is tax evasion theft
- What is the polarity of molecules
- What is bat
- What are the best options after 12th.
- Which word has four time letters O.
- Like hot street signs
- How many calories am I burning
- What is entropy in a decision tree
- How can we help people with cancer
- Why should you marry your best friend
- How does honesty work in your career
- Why is a fastball cheese called
- Try to avoid self-righteousness