What does KI67
The Ki67 antigen
The Ki67 antigen is a Proliferation markers, i.e. it stains the cells in the tissue that are multiplying, the so-called Growth fraction. During the cell cycle, this antigen is expressed in the G1, S, G2 and M phases. Resting cells, i.e. cells that are in the G0 phase, do not express the Ki67 antigen. The coloring for Ki67 therefore provides indirect information about the Speed of growth of a tumor and is therefore of inestimable value in routine diagnostics. The representation of the Ki67 antigen can also provide valuable assistance in deciding between benign, preneoplastic and malignant changes.
There are several antibodies against Ki67. The antibody clone that gave this antigen its name (Ki stands for Kiel and refers to the Institute for Pathology at Kiel University Hospital) only worked reliably on cryostat sections and was only suitable for routine diagnostics to a limited extent. The clone MIB-1 was the first paraffin antibody with which the Ki67 antigen could also be shown in routine histology. By the way, the abbreviation for MIB - Schleswig-Holstein residents should also know this - stands for “made in Borstel”. We use the common paraffin clone KiS5 in diagnostics (that's right, it comes from the state capital!).
Reactive changes in the epithelium in Barrett's mucosa: The epithelium matures to the surface. No proliferative cells can be seen in the surface epithelium. The topology of the normal mucosa is preserved with regard to the kinetics of proliferation.
Dysplastic changes in Barrett's mucosa (high-grade neoplasia): The proliferative cell deposit extends into the surface epithelium. As a sign of cellular disorganization, there is no surface maturation.
Dr. A. Turzynski
- How much did the last move cost you
- Wood is the rarest affinity in Naruto
- Find a personal assistant
- Is margarine and crisco the same thing
- What are the main consequences of landslides
- Believe in telepathy or clairvoyance
- How does veganism help humanity
- What is an exhaust pipe
- What are the remedies for bipolar disorder
- Should I get a tattoo on my keloid?
- Will people stop using the internet?
- How can smoking affect tinnitus
- Boys always approach girls
- Can you decipher the word UCP
- How does virtual reality help travel technology
- What is an oriental herbal nutrient
- Will people buy a 6000 Mac
- Which food stimulates the release of testosterone
- What is the best hotel in china
- Marriage has become irrelevant in today's society
- What are some inexpensive scotch whiskeys
- How is rain stored in clouds
- What does Suvarna mean
- What makes you nervous about the holidays?