How do I install Chrome on Ubuntu
How to install the Chrome browser on Ubuntu
Google Chrome is one of the most popular internet browsers and offers high speed browsing with an interactive user interface. Since Chrome is not open source, Linux users cannot download it directly using the standard package managers on their system.
This article explains how to download and install Chrome on a Linux computer. We are going to publish short guides that show you how to install Google Chrome on your system graphically and from the command line.
How to install Google Chrome in Ubuntu
Installing Google Chrome on Ubuntu is easy. All you need to do is download the package file from the official source and extract it on your system. There are several ways to do this, either with the dpkg- Package manager or using an app manager software.
Command line installation with dpkg
Behind every package manager on Debian-based Linux distributions is a basic software called dpkg who is responsible for managing Debian packages. The other package managers used in Debian based distributions like apt only act as a front end to dpkg.
- To install Google Chrome from the command line, first launch the terminal by pressing Ctrl + Old + T to press.
- Download the Chrome package wget down. This is a Linux utility that allows you to download files over HTTP, HTTPS, FTP, and FTPS.
- You can install the downloaded package with dpkg or apt. Enter one of the following commands in the terminal:
- The system asks you for your user password for logging purposes. Give Enter the password and press the Enter key .
Google Chrome can be used after the installation process is complete.
Install Google Chrome graphically
Using the command line can be inconvenient for those who are just starting out with Linux. In this situation, Ubuntu has the Software center Application that extracts and installs the Google Chrome package automatically.
To install Google Chrome using the Ubuntu Software Center:
- Visit the Chrome download webpage.
- Click the button download Chrome .
- Activate you under Please select your downloadPackage name from the option 64-bit .deb (for Debian / Ubuntu) .
- Choose Accept and install, to continue.
- Change to the directory where the downloaded package is located.
- Double click on that .deb- Package to get the Software center to start.
- Click the button To install .
- Enter your account password to start the installation process.
- Google Chrome will be installed on your Ubuntu computer.
Related topics: Google claims Chrome 89 puts less of a load on your system
Update Google Chrome automatically
Google Chrome adds the official Google repository to the system's source list for future updates and releases. You can verify that the repository has been added to your system by reading the source list file for Google Chrome.
You'll see an output that looks something like this:
If for some reason you cannot find the above file on your system. Generate it manually and attach the output clipping to the file.
Edit the file with a text editor of your choice.
Add the snippet below and save the file.
Surf the Internet on Ubuntu
Surfing the Internet is one of the primary needs of almost all computer users. Internet browsers have fundamentally changed the way people browse the Internet from their devices. Google Chrome is a cross-platform internet browser that can be used on Microsoft Windows, Linux, macOS, and Android devices.
In addition to the security patches, the new versions of Google Chrome always offer some additional features, such as: For example, users can preview web pages before opening them. A new feature was also recently introduced that generates live subtitles for audio in Google Chrome.
- How's Update Marshmallow 6 0
- Can vegans drink red wine
- Where do I learn PeopleSoft for HRMS
- What is a PhD in Psychology
- What is the function of DOS
- What are the biggest skin complaints facing women
- What is a container 1
- Really loved Karna's wife Arjuna
- What are the gender norms that you hate
- Can someone buy a Porsche car
- How to get date rape drug
- In what time periods did dinosaurs live?
- Why isn't Spotify a social network yet?
- Is autism a cognitive disorder
- Which professions require decisions in fractions of a second?
- How many people search for keywords in Google
- Are you ready to feed your family
- Does Kanban work for UX design
- Is rain romantic
- What are the symptoms of seroconversion
- Do psychopaths ever experience uncontrollable laughter
- What are the oldest textiles
- Experience as a mechanical engineer in SSC CGL
- A fixed-term investment is an advantage
- Why do adults spread rumors
- Bananas lower cholesterol
- Has BPO career
- Well worth buying PS2 in 2018
- Why does everyone have to eat dates every day
- How is AAFT School of Cinema
- Do you like cheese and cucumber sandwiches
- Sasuke is older than Sakura
- What factor should you ask the airport transportation service?
- How can someone learn UiPath software