Litecoin will increase its value in 2018
Litecoin forecast 2021-2025: Is a long-term investment worthwhile?
That moves the Litecoin price in May
What's that Litecoin forecast for 2021 to 2025? Will crypto silver pay off as a long-term investment and step out of the shadow of Bitcoin? An assessment of the current and future market situation for Litecoin (LTC).
Current price development
Traditionally, the Litecoin course is closely related to its “big brother” Bitcoin. A very similar course is currently emerging. After a correction at the end of February, March is currently marked by a clear recovery. Since March 1, 2021, the LTC price has increased by over 37 percent. The price of Litecoin is approaching the monthly high of February 20, 2021 at $ 243. The all-time high from mid-December 2017 at 375 US dollars is currently still a long way off. As one of the oldest cryptocurrencies and the similarity to Bitcoin, Litecoin is considered a type of digital silver.
While #Bitcoin is making the headlines, little brother #Litcoin continues to outperform while most #altcoins are under performing $ BTC $ LTC is a token I trade, and have been in for a week + due to high trend scores
Anybody know what LTC is so strong now? Https: //t.co/WSK9eMWMzM
- Quantify Crypto (@Quantify_Crypto) December 19, 2020
Technical Litecoin News
The Flare Token (FLR) airdrop announced last year was one of the major price drivers for Ripple. In January 2021 it was announced that there will also be an LTC Airdrop in the future. The news came as a surprise to many market observers, because the close integration of XRP into the Flare Network kept the space for further crypto projects rather limited. This move could open up entirely new opportunities for Litecoin's network. The aim of Flare is the integration of smart contracts on platforms that do not essentially support this technology. For this purpose, special variants of the FLR token are created (XFLR in the case of Ripple), which can be used as transfer currency for the smart contracts.
Similar to the case of Bitcoin, Litecoin also benefited from the recently published plans of the payment service provider PayPal. The company developed its own service for trading cryptocurrencies. Litecoin, as one of the supported cryptocurrencies, saw a 14 percent increase in the wake of the report. Nevertheless, the current price is still well below the annual high of $ 76.86 from February 2020.
Not a classic partnership in this sense, but from now on Litecoin is a prominent part of Google Finance. An update in the finance section of the search engine giant in March lists LTC as one of the few coins on an overview page for financial rates. In addition to LTC, only Bitcoin (BTC), Ether (ETH) and Bitcoin Cash (BCH) can currently be found on Google Finance. This step is further proof of the advancing acceptance of cryptocurrencies in the mainstream.
In order to be able to make a meaningful Litecoin forecast, the basic facts should be known. Litecoin was first introduced as a fork of Bitcoin on GitHub in October 2011. The network finally went online a week later. Litecoin founder Charlie Lee is a former Google employee who was fascinated by the idea of Bitcoin. As a fork, Litecoin has a lot in common with Bitcoin, but it also differs in a few important ways:
- Block time is about 2.5 minutes
- Scrypt hashing algorithm
- Modified, user-friendly GUI
- With a total of 84 million Litecoin Coins (LTC), the upper limit is significantly higher
Litecoin forecast: the decisive factors for price development
There are many arguments that can influence the price of a cryptocurrency in the future. As a fork, Litecoin has to compete with Bitcoin in terms of performance and growth potential. In the Litecoin forecast, the following points suggest that the price will rise in the long term:
- Litecoin has become one of the dark web's preferred cryptocurrencies. An estimated 30% of all transactions on the dark web appear to be processed through Litecoin. LTC is thus contesting Bitcoin for a lucrative market. The reason the dark web seems to be moving away from Bitcoin is mainly because Litecoin is not only faster, but also cheaper. In this point, Litecoin is still superior to Bitcoin.
- The Scrypt PoW algorithm makes mining at Litecoin easier. The process of mining can be easier in Litecoin than in Bitcoin (although this concept is controversial) because it uses the new Proof of Work algorithm.
- As a former Google employee, Charlie Lee embodies the image of a reliable, competent person for many. The fact that he gave up his job at Google to take care of the Litecoin project full-time has made many investors in the past optimistic. Lee even stepped down from his position as Coinbase's technical director in favor of Litecoin.
- Litecoin has a great reputation in China. This is very good for the Litecoin forecast, as the Chinese market represents the largest potential user pool in the world.
- All hardware wallets support LTC. This is an important point when it comes to increasing widespread adoption and trading volume.
- In the past, Litecoin has shown itself to be comparatively resistant to bear markets. This shows that the cryptocurrency is on solid feet.
- The next block halving at Litecoin was in August 2019. Such events usually have a positive impact on the value of a coin, reduce inflation, reduce supply, which increases demand and ultimately lead to a price increase.
With so many positive points to be said about Litecoin, the potential risks should not be neglected. Because there are some arguments why the Litecoin forecast could be unfavorable in the long term:
- After Bitcoin also introduced SegWit, Litecoin is missing one of its key competitive advantages. Since then, many Litecoin users have been waiting for Litecoin to integrate a new technology or to stand out from Bitcoin in some other way.
- As an altcoin and bitcoin fork, Litecoin is in a difficult position. With bitcoin, it has an overpowering opponent who seems to overshadow the entire market. It may take a while until Litecoin can establish itself properly and finally step out of the Bitcoin shadow. There is also Bitcoin Cash with which Litecoin also has to compete.
- The LitePay scandal of 2018 caused the Litecoin hype to collapse temporarily. Litecoin announced on February 26, 2019 that it would introduce its own payment processing system, but had to row back a short time later and stopped all efforts in this direction. Many Litecoin investors were disappointed and LTC lost value. Although the price (LTC price) seems to be recovering, this event shows that such unexpected events must be taken into account when making a Litecoin forecast.
Litecoin forecast 2021-2025: is a long-term investment worthwhile?
As shown above, there are many points in favor of an increase in the LTC rate. But what does this mean for the long-term Litecoin forecast? Below is an overview of the assessment of some analysts and forecast calculations:
Based on an internal deep learning algorithm, it is assumed that LTC will be US $ 136.52 in one year. This corresponds to a price increase of almost 19%. According to estimates, this growth will continue. In exactly five years, i.e. in June 2024, the price for 1 Litecoin will be US $ 398.72. That is, the value of an investment at today's rate would increase by around 247%. The platform can even give an estimate for 2025. By then, the algorithmic forecast is that 1 LTC will cost US $ 437.92.
In contrast to the Cryptoground analysis, the above-mentioned factors are used here as the basis for the prediction. Nevertheless, the trend is similar here. However, the long-term growth potential is estimated to be significantly higher. It is assumed that Litecoin will experience two major price jumps in 2020 and 2025. While Litecoin will close 2019 at US $ 110, it will appreciate significantly in 2020. This year LTC will increase to US $ 320. The Litecoin forecast for 2025 assumes a price of US $ 950 for 1 LTC.
- Who would you call a real Godman
- How did email attachments start?
- Why are video editing programs so expensive
- How are the leaders of Africa selected
- How can a person keep them from getting bunions
- Why we all needed to be reached
- What our studies mean for our lives
- Which animal species are surprisingly trainable?
- Should I invest in Unitech stocks
- Has signed up modes in Quora
- FBI profilers work on site
- What Quora users are libertarians
- Was the Hashashin Muslims
- What are household appliances
- How can I start technical support?
- How can industrial pollution affect human health?
- What is a siphon tank
- How is life in IIT Kharagpur
- What is an open-minded designer
- Have airplane seats bugs
- INFPs have trouble asking for help
- Birth control can lead to missed periods
- Which SQL tool is best for testing
- Squirrel would kill chickens