What is the Star Trek Effect
The Centrifugal effect is an effect that is used in maneuvers. Here, the gravity of a stellar object is used, depending on whether it is used at sub-light speed or high warp speed, there are different possible applications.
Simple acceleration [edit | Edit source]
This effect is an old principle that has been known on Earth since early space travel. A spaceship accelerates using the strong pull of an object and ultimately reaches the necessary escape speed to get away from the object.
Captain Picard uses this effect in 2366 in an asteroid field mined with acetone assimilators to power the USS Enterprise (NCC-1701-D) to maneuver out of the field with minimal energy consumption. (TNG:The energy trap)
In addition to this, the ship can also accelerate with its own propulsion systems in order to increase the effect. (TAS:The disembodied being)
Time travel [edit | Edit source]
With Warp you can take a trip back in time through the centrifugal effect, this is known as the "sling effect". (TNG:The future is silent)
Another application is discovered more by chance than the USS Enterprise (NCC-1701) gets into the gravity range of a black star, escapes at warp speed and takes a journey back in time to the year 1969. (TOS:Tomorrow is yesterday)
A few months later, the crew undertakes the Enterprise with this method a new journey back in time to 1968 to investigate a nuclear incident and a third time with the HMS Bounty in 1986 to save the earth from the whale probe by bringing some humpback whales into the future. (TOS:A planet called earth, Star Trek IV: Back to the Present)
External links [edit | Edit source]
- Why can't nerves be replaced?
- Where can I find free technical books
- How many portals are there in total?
- Can a website identify a laptop model
- Which teeth are for grinding
- Why do children trust people easily
- Who was influential in creating the guitar
- What radiation is released during nuclear fission
- The iPad is viewed as a mobile device
- Lady let Ned Stark kill her
- When did you learn to be humble?
- Where do I use Black Hat SEO
- Will Alexa and personal assistants replace schools
- Why are dating sites better than Tinder
- What do you like about geography
- What does a verb conjugate
- Trust in digital currency
- What is an oversaturated vapor
- Happiness makes you selfish
- Do hackers have access to quantum computers?
- Marriage has become irrelevant in today's society
- What are the Worst Indian YouTube Channels
- What are some uncontrollable diseases
- How does Lizzo make people feel stronger?