People from Turkey eat turkey
Why Do We Eat Turkey On Thanksgiving Day?
Turkey has been the food for Thanksgiving dinner for several years. In fact, most people will not feel peace if Thanksgiving dinner goes by without indulging in turkey. Have you ever wondered why turkey meat is often associated with Thanksgiving dinner rather than other sources of protein like fish and chicken? To pique your curiosity, below is a brief history of Turkey for Thanksgiving, and a few reasons why most people consider turkey a must-have meal for Thanksgiving.
Turkey: the classic Thanksgiving meal
According to most American households, Thanksgiving without a turkey isn't Thanksgiving. Turkey has long been the food for Thanksgiving. The tradition has been passed on from generation to generation. It is actually one of the American traditions that has refused to go away. The first Thanksgiving festival is believed to have been celebrated by pilgrims and Native Americans in 1621, with turkey serving as one of the meals. It was served alongside other types of meat such as chicken, duck, and fish. However, these other meats were slowly being removed from the scene, leaving the turkey as the main meal of most households during the Thanksgiving festival.
Numerous recipes for Turkey
There are numerous ways to cook turkey meat. It all depends on the preferences and traditions of the people passed on to them. The numerous recipes encourage people to continue the tradition of feeding turkey for Thanksgiving. However, over time, different families and households have developed the recipe for making a turkey meal. There are over 60 recipes for preparing turkey during Thanksgiving. Whichever recipe you choose, enjoy your Thanksgiving dinner.
Turkey is (relatively) affordable
Most families can afford turkey because it is relatively cheaper than chicken. Also, the large family gatherings during Thanksgiving can be very expensive, especially if they opt for other sources of protein such as fish or chicken, which are relatively expensive. Turkey can be fed to large numbers of people without breaking the bank. In addition to pox pockets, the turkey is also readily available and the turkey is also easy to hunt compared to geese.
The big advantage of Turkey
Nothing excites a family reunion but a large bird on a table during Thanksgiving dinner. One turkey is enough to feed the whole family. A small family could potentially eat turkey for several days. The turkey is also easy to prepare, just roasting in the oven for a few hours before it's done. You really don't have to watch the roar. You just have to wait it out in the oven and then move on to other tasks.
In summary, the benefits of eating turkey and the rich tradition of sharing turkey has endured all these years and has become the ideal meal for Thanksgiving, unlike other types of meat that offer the same nutritional value as turkey meat. Eating turkey on Thanksgiving is likely to be many more years, perhaps until all of the turkeys in the world are eaten.
Author: MANDY DUNN
Mandy Dunn is a 66 year old journalist. Zombie nerd. Reader. Organizer. General coffee fan. Writer. Internet junkie. Wannabe Twitteraholic.
- Which delivery services still accept calls?
- What is the traditional Mexican enchiladas recipe
- Why does my check say void?
- What is a good alternative to slick deals
- How are bananas made
- How much did Gerrymandering affect the US elections?
- How can you re-key car door locks
- How was life before the DVR
- Will buy VMware Dell
- Why was Stargate SG 1 canceled
- What kind of shops are there in Dhaka
- Is mineral water actually healthier?
- Where did the chickasaw come from
- How were banks involved in the financial crisis
- What organization existed before the UN
- How much are rock stars games worth
- Why do Kashmiri become terrorists?
- What is the green flash at sunset
- Why do you sing off the key
- Which world war had the most heroes?
- How long is 25 years to seconds
- What is the scope of computational linguistics
- How to define SCADA
- Which programming software do you highly recommend
- How powerful and dangerous are digital drugs
- What is ASD surgery
- Which Mughal rule wrote Gazal
- What year will the sun explode?
- What would an ideal politician look like
- What's the most embarrassing code you've ever seen
- What is drop foot
- What's the best email tracking service
- What does a 4G cellular network do