What are some sustainable environmental projects
How can children be raised to be environmentally conscious?
What you can do to help children lead more sustainable lives
We want to raise our children for a life in the future. We want to take care of our children live a long, happy and healthy life can and at best give them the knowledge and skills to do this successfully. In contrast, there are more and more pronounced ones environmental issues: Global warming, air pollution, scarce drinking water, etc. So how is it possible to anchor values in our children at an early age, with which we bring them closer to the environment and its protection?
The nice thing is that many children are now interested in environmental issues of their own accord and contribute to environmental protection with your own ideas. One example of this is the Fridays for Future movement, which started out from schoolchildren and is strongly committed to achieving sensible climate protection measures.
Be a good role model
Make sure that you always keep your rubbish in a Dispose of the garbage can and separate the garbage, go with your child get out a lot, use public transport, show him how exciting traveling by train can be. Ride the bike, walk on the Weekly market shop, visit farms. Do not kill spiders, but release them outside together with a glass. Use washable and reusable products instead of single-use plastic products, such as: stainless steel lunch boxes, bamboo toothbrushes, drinking bottles, wooden toys, etc. These things are normal for your child very early on and they don't have to get used to it later.
Even with the little ones, you can incorporate the topic of environmental protection into everyday life. Leading example is also the easiest with children, because children watch each other a lot from other people.
Plant your own vegetables and fruits
You can be at home with older children Grow your own vegetables and fruitseven if it's just the tomato plant on the windowsill. When cooking, you can think about how the food is grown and where, for example, spices come from.
Education and awareness
You can build birdhouses Books about nutrition and environmental protection read with your child. You can talk to your child about nutrition and think about whether it might make sense to less fish and meat to eat. Or consider together why we eat what we eat. Also questions like "Why do we always want new things?" you can answer together. Are you planning a vacation you can watch together which destinations can be reached by train and talk about it on the side what differences there are in the means of transport gives. You can think with your child at home and when shopping directly about why so much food is packaged and what happens to the packagingif they were disposed of in the garbage can. You can also explore together where energy actually comes fromwhy the lamps light up at home in the evening or why batteries make the toy train run. Do you approach the different topics in a playful way, Your child will learn straight away that environmental protection is fun.
Not only parents can sensitize children to the topic of "environmental protection"
Many children spend time in kindergarten or kindergarten from a very early age and then soon afterwards in school and in clubs. Kita and kindergarten in particular offer children the opportunity to get in touch with our environment and the topic of environmental protection at an early stage. It is important to involve the children and parents in planned projects at an early stage. As an educator, teacher or trainer, you can inform the parents that there will be environmental protection projects and also ask whether they want to get involved themselves. Likewise, the children can and should be included in the planning of the topics. This creates creative ideas and the motivation is much greater in a jointly planned project. And the more you participate, the more you can achieve in terms of environmental protection.
If you are still looking for inspiration, you will find exciting tips here on how environmental protection can be easily integrated into kindergartens, schools and clubs.
6 ideas for environmental projects in kindergartens, schools and clubs
1. Collecting rubbish In one week, collect all the garbage that arises in your facility. Talk to the children about why this garbage was generated and look for solutions together on how it could be reduced. At school, for example, by having students take reusable lunch boxes with them instead of plastic bags.
2. Book selection There are now a lot of good books on the subject of environmental protection and sustainability, also for children. Organize a few of these for your facility. Children learn so much from books.
3rd project week Organize a project week in your facility. Take interested colleagues or parents with you and plan projects related to environmental protection. Maybe you plan the week directly with the children. Some children may already bring ideas on the subject with them from home.
4. Be creative Work with the children to make oilcloths to store food, maybe even as a gift for the parents. Sew cotton bags with them. Clay, watercolors and salt dough are things that you can make with the children in kindergarten with just a few ingredients. Many products bought, especially modeling clay, often contain harmful substances and are lavishly packaged. Talk to the children directly about why you are making things yourself.
5. Upcycling Together with the children, think about why things that actually end up in the trash could still be used. For example, fabrics can be dyed with fruit and vegetable bowls. Toilet paper rolls can be used for handicrafts. Always take some time to explain to the children why it is so important to keep using things that have been produced.
6. Excursions If you have the opportunity, take the children on excursions, depending on their age - for example in the forest, to a recycling plant or to a farm. On farms, the children learn where milk and meat come from. At some farms there is also the possibility that children can help with the harvest of fruits and vegetables. Many children today no longer know where our food comes from. So this is a great way to slowly introduce them to it. Depending on the age of the children, you can then playfully work out the consequences of growing various foods for our environment.
"You don't have to be an environmental expert to make your child aware of our environment."Anke Schmidt
The wonderful thing about children is that they can easily become enthusiastic about topics if they are approached in a playful way. Every little stepThat you do together with your child in the direction of environmental protection is really great precious. There are many things that you can discover and learn together, starting in your everyday life. You don't have to find out about CO2 comparison values for vehicles or look at a lot of documentation to make children aware of environmental protection. It is already the little thingsthat you can pay attention to right from the start, that make a big difference.
Anke Schmidt has been a sustainability blogger since 2014. She would like to share what she has gathered and how you can benefit from a sustainable, energy-saving lifestyle.
- What is a meth penis
- How did Freddie Mercury change the world
- What is the Java applet attack vector
- Quora is not very diverse
- How does a cat make a noise?
- An MBA program is still valuable
- How does big data help companies
- Which greenhouse gases are produced in agriculture
- Is this man a deceiver?
- What does the word cruel mean?
- What is the difference between OCPD and perfectionism
- Which is the hardest science
- Does IT have a better scope
- Once saved, always saved biblically
- Are successful people introverted or extroverted?
- Aircraft maintenance technology is a good field
- What is allowable shear stress
- Have we observed quantum fields
- Free Shopify Dropshipping Course 2018
- If 4x 81 0 what is x
- Content spinner software
- Working dentists in the emergency room of a hospital
- What is a person of injustice
- Is it ethical to use nootropics