What's the recipe for Rabdi
Fried milk ice cream
The reduction of milk to milk caramel is an ancient Indian cooking technique. There it is also a basis for the production of ice cream.
For this dessert, fresh milk is boiled until it has a creamy consistency. This can take a long time and requires attention. However, the process can be shortened considerably by using dried milk as well. The slowly “fried” milk develops a sweet caramel aroma, but be warned to all milk skin phobics: In its original version, Rabdi is milk skin that has been stirred to a creamy consistency.
Ingredients for 4 servings:
- 1.5 l fresh whole milk
- 150 g dry milk powder
- 3 capsules of green cardamom
- 1 tbsp peeled almonds (unsalted)
- 1 tbsp peeled pistachios (unsalted)
- 1 tbsp raisins
- Butter for roasting
- 2 tbsp jaggery or sugar
Bring the fresh milk to the boil, preferably in a high pan with a non-stick coating, whisking and stirring over and over again. Let simmer until the amount is reduced to about half (approx. 20–30 min). Now stir in the dry milk powder and continue cooking until the milk has a creamy consistency and a light caramel color.
Fry the almonds, pistachios and raisins briefly in butter and mix half of them with the rabdi. Save the other half to decorate. Core the cardamom, grind finely in a mortar and stir into the rabdi.
The Rabdi can simply be chilled in the refrigerator and then eaten creamy or frozen in the freezer, for example as a popsicle. This was the first ice cream in India, which was prepared a few centuries ago for the wealthy Mughal rulers with the help of ice cream from the Himalayas. If frozen in bowls, let it thaw for a few minutes before serving.
- Who is the Indian Coal Minister
- Which model car is that
- Why has Islam changed? A wrong version
- What happened to Walmart greeters
- How did Bardock travel back in time
- Is it always fair
- What is the future of gambling
- What is computer vision and its application
- How do I call the USA
- How can a teacher maximize their income
- Is concrete alkaline or acidic
- Will Boruto years after Naruto Hokage
- Mark Chapman wanted John Lennon killed
- Why does Chicago have a high crime
- Is Marshadow legendary or mythical
- India is moving towards mass emigration
- What are the factoring steps in algebra
- What is the formula of silver oxide
- Are motor oil brands important
- Why is magnesium oxide considered a salt
- Why did I become more sensible
- What is the best treatment for ketoacidosis
- Is Kirk Douglas America's oldest living celebrity
- What is C DAC