Cyclists should wear a helmet
Young cyclists wear hard hats more often
In 2019, more and more young people wore bicycle helmets for their own protection. The German Road Safety Council (DVR) welcomes this. According to a current survey by the Federal Highway Research Institute (BASt), the rate of helmet wearing among young adults has increased compared to 2018. The “Looks like shit. But saves my life ”is showing initial success.
More and more young people are wearing bicycle helmets. According to a current survey by the Federal Highway Research Institute, the rate of helmet wearing among 22-30 year olds has more than doubled compared to the previous year.
Photo: Adobe Stock
Cycling is healthy and low in emissions - but it can be dangerous on the road. Mainly because young people and adults rarely wear bicycle helmets on average. This is why the Federal Ministry of Transport and Digital Infrastructure (BMVI) and the DVR launched the “Runter vom Gas” campaign from the bicycle helmet campaign “Looks like shit. But saves my life ”started - for higher helmet wear rates.
Twice as many cyclists with helmets
The latest results from the annual traffic observations carried out by the BASt now show after one year that the rate has more than doubled, especially among 22 to 30 year olds. It increased from 8 to 18 percent. This means that this target group has seen significant increases in the rate of helmet wearing. In 2018, only one in 13 young people between 17 and 21 years of age put on a bicycle helmet (8 percent), compared to almost one in seven in 2019 (14 percent).
How many road users are cyclists?
The BASt's traffic observations are carried out in two survey periods in June and September, each in the same 6 survey regions. The safety rates of car occupants and the wearing of protective helmets and protective clothing on two-wheelers will be recorded. The survey procedure is standardized and enables the development of protective behavior to be continuously updated.
The current results are based on observations of 18,292 cars with 24,117 adult car occupants, supplemented by an additional sample of 1,771 adult rear occupants and 4,443 children requiring a child seat (up to the age of 12). The observations of two-wheeled traffic in 2019 include 13,111 cyclists and 3,857 motorized two-wheelers in urban areas. The surveys on road haulage cover 4,488 vehicles.
"Looks like shit, but saves my life"
Cyclists are the weakest participants in road traffic and only poorly protected. It is therefore the duty of all road users to make increasing bicycle traffic safer. There are now very high quality helmets or airbags to protect against head injuries, with which cyclists can safely travel on the road. "If our campaign" Looks like shit, but saves my live ", carried out jointly with the BMVI, contributed to a better image of the bicycle helmet among young people, that would be very positive," said Prof. Dr. Walter Eichendorf, President of the German Road Safety Council, on the results of the latest BASt study. In addition to modern helmets, cyclists can also do something for their own protection with clearly visible clothing.
- Source: www.dvr.de; www.bast.de
- May I see your dorm decoration
- Can I take lessons from IELTS Ninja
- How does the guacamole restaurant stay fresh?
- INFJ and ENFJ share some features
- Well worth a Kindle
- Who makes Yeti
- Does the post need a stamp
- Should I join JLL or Amadeus?
- What types of learning methods are there
- Why are languages very important
- Do dogs mourn other dogs
- Do trees really release carbon dioxide
- Do Schumann resonances influence biological systems
- When will the Jawa bikes be available in stores?
- Why is empowerment important in the workplace
- How do I choose a blog name
- Why did Ram leave his wife
- What should be the top agenda
- What is your favorite birthday present for women
- Club Factory betrayed someone
- How are MyCaptains courses
- What's the Most Interesting New Email Startup
- Is LeBron James difficult to train
- What is the worst museum in Buffalo
- How can you make money on Discord
- What are Weight Loss Supplement Reviews
- Are people natural or made by people
- Doctors want your money first and foremost
- Why can't Trump implement his campaign agenda?
- Which work of art embodies art today?
- How do you react to intimidating people
- How do you slip a headlock
- What social feed display aggregators are there
- Started DNA as a parasite