What is an oriental herbal nutrient
Oriental herbs collection
Turmeric Plant - Curcuma longa
The turmeric plant originally comes from China and India, where it has been grown and used for at least 5,000 years. Turmeric is particularly popular in the Ayurvedic super drink "Golden Milk". Curcuma longa is also known under the name yellow ginger, turmeric, saffron root or Indian yellow root. Turmeric belongs to the Zingiberaceae family (ginger family).
The plant forms aromatic rhizomes that branch out strongly and form tubers at the ends. The rhizome, i.e. the root, is very similar to that of classic ginger, but contains intensely yellow coloring agents. Their color has almost the same color as the saffron, but the plants are not botanically related. The dried root can be peeled and dried and then used as a seasoning or coloring. The turmeric powder, for example, is an essential part of the curry powder.
The Curcuma longa blooms from July to September and becomes 80 to 100 cm high. The perennial flower bulbs love a warm, sunny to partially shaded location with high humidity and a well-drained, nutrient-rich soil. The plants thrive best in summer in the garden, on the balcony & terrace at temperatures above 18 ° C. You should always keep the soil slightly moist, but avoid waterlogging. In winter the plant gets by with less light and water, but even then the temperature should be 18 ° C (+/- 5 ° C) and the substrate should not dry out completely.
Thai ginger - Alpinia galanga
The Thai ginger is widespread in Thai cuisine and should not be confused with normal ginger. It is also called Great Galant and is milder than normal ginger. Its taste is said to be sharp, warm, sweet and spicy. In addition, the reed-like leaves are pretty to look at and can also convince as an ornamental plant. The entire plant gives off a pleasant scent that is reminiscent of cinnamon and cardamom.
The Thai ginger needs a warm, sunny to partially shaded and sheltered location all year round. Also suitable for the winter garden or on the windowsill. It reaches a height of up to two meters.
It needs a well-drained soil without waterlogging, but should always be moist. You can spray the leaves daily. Every 14 days you should fertilize the plant with a liquid vegetable fertilizer.
One uses the bulbous, thickened rhizomes of the plant. The rhizome is harvested between November and December. The rhizomes can be kept in the refrigerator for about two to three weeks; it is best to wrap them in cling film. The Thai ginger can be preserved for several months by drying; it is cut into thin slices. When dry, it can also be processed into powder. Drying changes the aroma and gives it a slight note of cinnamon.
The kaffir lime comes from tropical Asia. The fruits of the kaffir lime are small and low in juice, so they do not play a role in the production of soft drinks. In addition to the use of kaffir lime oil in perfumery, the plant is particularly important in the culinary arts of Southeast Asia. The fresh leaves are mostly used in the kitchen. Like bay leaves, they can be cooked in sauce or soup-like dishes, giving the food a piquant, lemon-like aroma, but they are too tough to be eaten. The edible lime fruits appear for the first time after 3-4 years.
Care & location
Citrus hystrix needs a bright, warm location all year round for good development. The winter temperatures should not fall below 15 ° C if possible. This plant has a low to medium water requirement, you should definitely avoid waterlogging.
A citrus fertilizer is suitable as a fertilizer, which is mixed into the substrate in spring.
The pruning should be done in spring.
- Which topics are covered for analytical geometry
- Can you be a scholar in science
- What is a back compressor in engines
- Is Gareth Bale underestimated?
- How are antimatter-matter pairs kept separate?
- Why are Savannah cats so expensive
- What is the meaning of a blood
- Why was the Jack Jeros account deactivated
- How has Buddhism influenced Japanese business practice?
- Is Mormonism patriarchal or sexist?
- How does nanotechnology affect human life
- The suburbs will eventually become cities
- How do I encrypt my Dropbox files
- Why am I so emotionally invested?
- What is the history of sex dolls
- Anyone taboo in Bollywood
- Why are dogs so rude
- Should I buy a Yamaha Fascino or not
- What is Grapevine TX known for?
- Can tampons fall out
- What are the funniest blogs of 2017
- Next to a telepath, what's Sookie Stackhouse
- Should I go to Stanford or UCLA?
- Who are the greatest fictional scientists
- What is a bad debt
- Houston Airport is Uber Rideshare friendly
- What is the seediest business area in Serbia
- How many NBA teams are there in California
- Land with the best mobile game developers
- Vets still scratch kittens
- How does Ruth Chris cook her steaks
- What are stock market futures
- What is the density of steel