What removes lead from drinking water
Lead water pipes: when do lead pipes need to be replaced?
Lead water pipes have not been used since the 1970s. Yet they are still an issue of concern to homeowners and tenants. So do the readers of our magazine. We are therefore taking another closer look at the question of what lead water pipes in the house are really all about.
Drinking water ordinance: does the law require lead water pipes to be replaced?
Old water pipes are a health hazard
It is not uncommon for the ordinances to look for the requirement that lead water pipes must be replaced.
Since December 2013, the Drinking Water Ordinance has provided new limit values for lead. This must now no longer exceed 10 micrograms per liter of water so that the water can be declared as drinking water.
After the water has been treated by the utility, it enters the in-house water pipes. From here on, homeowners are responsible for compliance with limit values. If, for example, lead water pipes are installed in old buildings, owners are faced with a problem and are usually forced to renovate the drinking water system.
The fact is: If the water flows through lead pipes, the limit value can simply no longer be complied with, according to experts from the Federal Environment Agency.
- The law sees Not suggest that lead water pipes have to be replaced at a flat rate.
- However, it stipulates that the limit values must not be exceeded.
- Since water flowing through lead pipes cannot comply with these limit values, replacing the water pipes is simply inevitable.
Lead can lead to enormous health problems, especially if it is consumed through the water for a long period of time. Babies and toddlers are particularly at risk, but adults can also suffer long-term damage. Drinking leaded water should therefore be avoided, especially when pregnant women, babies and small children live in the household.
Water filter with activated carbon as an immediate solution
If you notice increased heavy metal contamination (e.g. lead) after a water analysis, action should be taken as soon as possible. In this case, it is advisable to install an activated carbon block filter behind the fitting. In this way, heavy metals, pesticides, microplastics and other pollutants can be sustainably filtered directly at the extraction point. A good option for this is for example the IVARIO water filterwith the help of which you can safely enjoy your drinking water.
More information on the subject in the magazine
Find out in our article how you can recognize water pipes made of lead: How to recognize lead pipes in the house!
We also report on the possible health effects of lead in water in our article "Lead in Drinking Water - Questions & Answers"
Learn more about the water test for lead in IVARIO-Shop and find out about other dangers that can lurk in tap water, such as microbial loads from Legionella and other pathogens or heavy metals.
- How do we really listen
- When was the first bicycle built?
- How does this implementation of the quicksort algorithm work
- What do therapists study
- Psychopaths can laugh at YouTube videos
- Which database does FileNet
- What is Shapoorji Pallonji Mumbai Dreams 1
- What is family health
- Inorganic chemistry is important to IITJEE
- What surprised you about the US Marines?
- What are China's environmental impacts on Africa
- How the internet affects our lives
- This computer is hacked
- How do I create business statistics
- When do engineers write code in parallel?
- Have you ever caught a criminal
- What does an archaeologist study
- Can you teach me AutoCAD
- What's that in New York
- How can I attract a narcissistic girl
- How do I find an investor 1
- Developing countries should invest in the aerospace industry
- Can basil seeds sprout in peat moss
- Should I learn all PHP frameworks CMS