How can I make a security camera
Use an old smartphone as a surveillance camera - this is how it works
More and more households are equipping themselves with modern locking systems and other theft-proof tools. The annual police crime statistics recorded a decrease in burglaries in Germany for 2017, which is related to the security upgrade. Expensive equipment is not necessary: Here you can find out how your old smartphone becomes a surveillance camera.
Why do you need a surveillance camera
Burglaries are on everyone's lips, an uncomfortable feeling, especially when you are not at home. A surveillance camera can provide reassurance when you are absent to see whether everything is in order in your own four walls.
Maybe your pet is turning a little free right now. With a security camera you can see for yourself what nonsense the cat is doing, and modern surveillance cameras can also be used as baby monitors. With motion detection, video transmission and voice communication, you can hear everything.
Your cell phone as a surveillance camera
To use a disused mobile phone as a surveillance camera, all you need is your current smartphone for monitoring and an app. You can find many free apps that are suitable for this in both the App Store and the Google Play Store. CalfCam, Alfred or IP webcam are just a few examples. The app must be installed on both phones. You register both devices with your email so that the smartphones will be recognized as belonging together. Now the old mobile phone just has to be placed in the right place and aligned with the camera on the desired motif.
Example app WardenCam turns your mobile phone into an IP camera
With WardenCam, both Android users and iPhone fans can use their old smartphone. After the app has been installed on both devices, you choose which smartphone will be used as the monitor and which will be used as the recording camera. You also specify whether recordings are saved in Dropbox or in Google Drive. Registration with a Google account takes place at the end. You can record in night vision mode, activate the flash and switch between the front and main camera. The motion detector reacts quickly and sends a message to Das Monitor-Handy.
Data protection: You have to pay attention to this
With the surveillance app on your smartphone, you can't just go out and film or even spy on people at random. They must always be informed about this, otherwise you will violate data protection and personal rights. The use of a video surveillance camera in the car is therefore critical, but unproblematic for house entrances, garages and in your own four walls, as long as bystanders are not filmed.
A WLAN connection is an advantage. The apps also work with mobile data, but the data volume is not exactly spared.
Source: PKS, Federal Criminal Police Office, 2017, version 1.0 (https://www.govdata.de/dl-de/by-2-0)
- Can you make sushi with boiled fish?
- What's wrong with Nibiru
- What if the world didn't make music up
- Can I burst a ganglion cyst?
- What are the factors of inheritance
- Which IIM are run by the government?
- How do you like being a woman
- How much does a bariatric surgery cost
- Will Alexa and personal assistants replace schools
- When was Pythagoras born
- How do I enjoy the food better
- Baltimore is a good place
- How do I understand lighting in photography
- Tigers protect their young
- What is the reason for the slogan Chaukidar
- What is more important school or sleep
- How do AI scientists understand intelligence
- Have homeless people access to water
- Can I take probiotics forever
- It is spread by cutting into cancer
- What is the movie Martyrs about
- Is India really ready to fight China?
- What does the hollow triangle symbol mean
- Who are the greatest fictional scientists