How can I remember the world map
Your virtual world map
Who does not know the large world map on which the countries of the world visited are marked with flags. After the summer vacation, some have a flag again. Provided, of course, that you have traveled to a new country, otherwise everything stays the same.
If flags are too cumbersome for you or if there is not enough space for a large world map in your home, you will find a virtual world map on the Internet. There you can mark the countries you have visited with a click of the mouse and you have a travel overview on a world map.
This is what my world map looked like in 2009 when I tried the virtual world map for the first time. At that time my card was clearly east-heavy. Visiting large countries such as the USA or, in my case Russia, Mongolia and China, look particularly good on the map :-) According to statistics, I have visited 26 countries or 11% of all countries in the world.
Virtual world map: Mark easily visited countries
Meanwhile, the world map I created looks a little different. Much more countries are marked. But you can also see that I am a repeat offender and I like to visit the same countries more often.
Create Your Own Visited Countries Map
There are now some providers where you can create a virtual world map and also integrate it into your website or blog. Here you can mark yourself which countries you have already visited:
- The “classic” from Visited Countries.
- The second map shown is from MapLoco. The world map can also be integrated responsively in webistes.
- As a smartphone or iPhone app there is e.g. "Visited - Map where I've been"
If you prefer to have a “real” memory of the countries you have visited instead of the virtual world map, then take a look at this special world map *. They are also suitable as a very special gift idea for travelers.
Now I'm curious: What does your personal world map look like?Do you already know my YouTube channel to the topics Train travel and adventure? I regularly publish exciting travel videos. Don't miss an episode and subscribe to the channel now for free!
This entry was published for the first time on September 16, 2009 and was last updated on January 10, 2019.
Category: Travel Guides
- What is psychosis according to Jacques Lacan
- Body weight exercises are always necessary
- What are synovial fluid injections
- Grow a mustache
- Are you a diaper lover
- Why is Timur more popular than others
- Concept art is actually good
- Are there websites with sensory processing disorders
- How did your cat get its name
- What are your favorite sad songs
- Why do my teeth hurt every day
- What is the Seattle style coding
- How does art relate to knowledge
- What was your ASVAB score
- What is my mind thinking
- How many surgeries did Suga have
- How do I make a funghi pizza
- Where can I stay near Staines London
- How do I pronounce faux in English
- What's your favorite book title
- Are vaccines dangerous for newborns?
- What is the Best Medicare Benefit Plan
- How do you splice wires
- Why are breaks important