What is neurogenesis
The Neurogenesis describes the formation of nerve cells from precursor cells or stem cells during the embryonic period or in the adult nervous system.
2 Embryonic neurogenesis
Embryonic neurogenesis encompasses the entire development from the secretion of the neural crest cells and the formation of the first brain vesicles to the differentiation of the nervous system and the actual innervation of the body. Neurogenesis begins in the early stages of embryogenesis with the formation of the neural tube, which separates from the ectoderm. This process of neurulation lays the foundation for the further development of the brain and spinal cord.
The three cerebral vesicles develop from the cranial parts of the neural tube, from which the fore, middle and hindbrain later develop. These vesicles are already created between the 20th and 25th day of development. The spinal cord arises from the caudal parts of the neural tube.
3 Adult neurogenesis
Until the end of the 20th century, the formation of new nerve cells in the CNS of the adult organism was thought to be impossible. Only then did it become apparent that the adult brain also has a stem cell reservoir. Adult neurogenesis essentially takes place in the CNS in two places:
Neural stem cells have a high density of voltage-independent potassium channels and have no voltage-dependent sodium channels - they are therefore not electrically excitable. Morphologically they resemble radial astroglial cells.
The function of adult neurogenesis has not yet been conclusively clarified. Among other things, they are assigned an important role in the formation of long-term memory. Decreased neurogenesis has been linked to the development of Alzheimer's disease.
- Are Acer Laptops Trusted In India
- What if someone fails the ISC exam?
- What channels do I get with Disney
- How is Goqii Fitness Bands
- Which is the fastest beat song in the world
- Which city has the busiest airport system?
- Who can see my condominium security material
- What is headwind and tailwind
- Why not unlimited data
- Is a MacBook Pro new
- Are Kashi and Varanasi the same
- What are the best multi-purpose drug store concealers
- What is Ezetimibes Pharmacokinetics
- WordPress is only used for content management
- What's the best brioche recipe
- Do we have integrity in American politics?
- BSBMGT502B org
- What is the best grain for health
- Which is the best digital marketing institute
- Why did Eminem start rapping
- How is the Abids area of Hyderabad
- Where can I find Juul in Delhi
- Where is gas produced
- How can I get over the disease quickly
- How did the European explorers win land
- How is a Cyber Warfare Battle
- Are the engine speed and wheel speed the same?
- How do you cure hangover nausea
- What was the logic behind designing the calendar
- How do interns learn experiences
- Why is Alexandria Ocasio Cortez so great
- How does the theoretical framework influence research
- What is a hit power hunter