Social traffic increases SEO ranking
SEO Writing Hacks to Boost Your Social Media
Think about your SEO writing.It may be good ... but you need it to be great.Fortunately, we have tips to help you improve your social media SEO writing right away.
You already know that SEO (search engine optimization) is important for your website. It gets you higher on the SERPs (search engine results pages) and thus puts your company in front of more potential customers. In fact, 92% of all traffic goes to the results on the first page of Google.
But what about social media? Can your social media channels be included in search engines?
In this article, I'll show you my tried and true SEO writing hacks to improve your social media.
Like social mediaatSEOhelps
Having a basic branding presence on social media is a start, but there is so much more you can do.
Here are some of the ways your social media content can affect your SEO.
- Business social media profiles typically appear at the top of the SERPs for branded keywords. This is especially true when keywords or phrases are used. Company logos and images from social media also make it to the SERPs.
- Speed that upDistribution of content. In simple terms, more people will see your blogs, landing pages, and videos when you post them on your social media. That means better brand awareness, increased interest in your company, and possibly more sales.
- Improved evergreen presence. Social media posts live forever, so something you shared in 2017 possibly will be taken up in 2025. This reminds us to update old but popular blog posts but not to change the URLs. (Read these tips for evergreen content.)
- Increased web traffic. Getting more web traffic from social media is a win-win situation. The more traffic you get, the higher your site's priority will be from the SERPs.
- Increase Searchable Shopping. We are increasingly searching on social media as well as on Google. It is important that your products are searchable and shippable through your social media channels.
- Correct a bad reputation online. Getting to the heart of your social media SEO can get rid of old content that you want to hide, like bad reviews or negative PR.
- Links to your social media content will speed up your content indexing. This is important to get ranked higher by search engine giants like Google.
- Influencer marketing increases the reach. Retweeted or shared an influencer on social media will increase your reach to a larger audience and increase your visibility.
Fun fact: Facebook is number 3 worldwide behind Google and YouTube and has over 20 billion visits a month. Facebook enables Google and other search engines to crawl its pages to unlock content for indexing, including Facebook comments, images, videos, and ratings.
Now that you understand how social media can affect your SEO, let's talk about how it works.
At Contentworks Agency, I work with new brands looking to accelerate their SEO presence, as well as older brands that may want to revive or cover up negative reviews.
Here are my top tips for SEO writing.
1. Write great captions
There's a reason social media managers are often reused content writers. It takes skill to write great social media subtitles.
First, subtitles need to be engaging and effectively communicate the message. Second, they need to be precise and memorable. Third, they must be SEO effective.
Example of great social media subtitles
IKEA UK below is great to see on social media.
Here's what the brand got right:
- The brand uses fully user-generated content and tags the photo owner. This increases the reach for a larger audience and boosts SEO.
- They use hashtags like #IKEAUK and #IKEAcatalogue so that anyone looking for the brand will find it easily. There are over 6,000 Instagram tags for #IKEAcatalogue.
- You use the name of the product in the description, FLISAT shelves to make it searchable
- The brand strengthens its presence through the use of familiar designs and children's hashtags such as #childrensroom and #livingwithkids.
- It invites users to share more IKEA snapshots, further enhancing their online presence.
Example from IKEA for a social media label
Another brand that is pinning down subtitles for SEO is ASOS, which frequently uses GIFs and short videos like this one. The captions hit the sweet spot through:
- Provision of catalog numbers that can be purchased
- Use keywords like Gel eye masks and Florence by Mills
- Using emojis to break up the text and draw the eye
Example of a great caption from ASOS
And sometimes less text is more when all hashtags are in place and correct. I love this product from Nomad Bread & Coffee:
Example of frequently used hashtags
Tip: Add all the necessary information to your posts, such as: For example, a product description with long-tail keywords, a link to shop or read, and the right hashtags.
2. Tag & feature people with a higher SEO ranking than your own
Search engines like Google influence the influence of social media on the page ranks.
By working with influencers on social media, your brand can take advantage of increased web traffic.
Here are a few points to keep in mind:
- Range : Do you have a lot of followers?
- relevance : Does the content they share match your brand or target audience?
- Resonance: Are they ranked on the SERPs?
Tagging high-ranking people to improve your SEO doesn't necessarily require a paid agreement.
Examples of Expert Tagging in Your SEO Writing
Here are some brands that win in SEO this way:
Sephora on Instagram regularly tags stylists, make-up artists, and product companies.
If we look at the post below:
Example of correct tagging in SEO writing
@Olaplex has 1.8 million followers
@ glam.by.heather has 35,000 followers
So Sephora immediately had its product in front of almost 2 million additional users.
User generated content is another great way to improve your SEO rankings. And the best way to generate interest is through a competition.
Check out this great campaign from PetSmart on Facebook. All users have to do is like, tag and comment. However, this massively increases engagement and thus SEO visibility.
Example of UGC and SEO writing
As you can see from the results of the Google search engine, whose Facebook page is displayed on results page 1:
Photo contests are real SEO moneymakers on social media, especially if it's about kids, pets, or groceries (our favorite things to share).
It is also important to be quick to listen and respond to tags on social media. Chipotle nails it with this Facebook post.
Quick, snappy SEO writing from Chipotle Mexican Grill
Tip: Hear and monitor brand names, keywords and key phrases on your Agorapulse dashboard. That way, you can find the right influencers to interact with and quickly respond to funny posts, comments, or tags.
Monitor conversations with a social media management solution like Agorapulse.
3. Make everything buyable
In the somewhat desolate lockdown landscape of 2020, online shopping has proven to be the savior for high street businesses forced to close their physical doors. It's also an SEO winner as potential customers search for their favorite products online.
Instagrammers, for example, are ready to buy on the platform. A total of 60% of users discover new products there, and 130 million Instagrammers tap on them every month to display product tags in shopping postings.
All of these boost your SEO by driving traffic to your website. And not just traffic. But hot leads who want to buy from you.
Tips for making social media posts buyable
- Keep in mind that most of the users view your feed on a smartphone, which means there is little room for communication. Don't tag every single element in your picture as it will look cluttered and unattractive.
- Social media is all about visuals, especially when you want to sell products. Take the time to create engaging photos or videos that will increase sales.
- If you don't want to make contributions buyable, at least provide a link to the product. No link to your homepage. Link to the respective product.
- Don't forget about Pinterest. Pinterest is great for SEO, and many marketers rely solely on search traffic from Pinterest to grow their business. In addition, the business insights are very helpful for retailers.
- Use carousels or use multiple images to showcase different shoppable products in your range or to highlight different product features.
Tip: Take the time to properly label each product on social media so that it will appear in search engines. My search for "pink silk blouse" yields two Pinterest results in the top 7 results.
4. Make sure that your YouTube videos are ranked for SEO
YouTube is the second largest search engine in the world with around 30 million visitors per day and 1.5 billion active users per month.
Cisco predicts that video will make up 82% of all internet traffic by 2022, and I agree. In addition, 92% of internet users watch videos online every month and traditional television is in decline. YouTube is owned by Google and therefore its videos are preferred by the search engine.
BONUS MATERIAL: Free e-book "SMART Goals for Social Media Strategy"
How can you get your YouTube videos to rank you for SEO on Google?
- useKeywords. If you want your videos to show up in search engines, you need to tag them correctly. And label them the way a user would look for them. For example "Easy Pancake Recipe" or "Best Pancake Recipe". Also, keep in mind that many users are now using voice search, especially when cooking or driving. Therefore, do not use overly complicated search terms.
- Create transcripts. Translating your video content into multiple languages will open your brand to a larger global market. It also makes your content accessible to the hearing impaired.
Create transcripts for your YouTube videos to aid your SEO writing.
- Keep it short. YouTube videos should be short and sweet. A total of 33% of viewers stop watching a video after 30 seconds, 45% after one minute and 60% after two minutes. If consumers leave the video before the end of your video, the YouTube algorithm will not rank it highly. When you have more to say, make a playlist that explains different parts of the topic. Walmart splits up its playlists so you can easily find exactly what you want.
Homebase nails the SERPS with its helpful DIY series like the one below.
The great thing about this is that these videos are likely not out of date. You can always update the text captions to include your latest range of products.
Tip: Don't forget how many people are searching with hashtags. Your Twitter efforts will also produce results outside of the platform. Take the time to search for the top performing hashtags in your industry.
Other social networks that rank for SEO
Sometimes we forget that the big six (Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, TikTok, LinkedIn, and YouTube) aren't the only social media websites that matter to SEO.
Here are three more points to consider if you are serious about improving your social media rankings.
BONUS MATERIAL: Free e-book "SMART Goals for Social Media Strategy"
Quora is great for SEO because it relies on real questions and answers. Quora users answer questions that users ask on Google.
Provide questions and answers and educational articles, or ask the audience what they need from you.
Adding links to Quora will bring solid traffic to your website. The website is a gold mine for SEO keyword research as users talk about a topic in everyday language that isn't filtered by search engines or algorithmic suggestions.
Reddit is the sixth most popular website in the US (20th worldwide) and has more than 430 million active users.
Reddit is most popular with users aged 25-29 and pulls some blows in terms of SEO. Channel users don't value marketers trying to sell products. Be a member first, give more than you take, post original content and don't even think about using fake accounts!
Writing SEO for Reddit
I've mentioned Pinterest before, but it's really important.
Properly tagged Pins can catapult your brand into search engine hot picks. And you don't need any physical products to use the channel.
Using gorgeous images pointing to your blog post or landing page works well too. As soon as a user enters a search query, Pinterest's Smart Feed ranks and prioritizes the pins based on their quality. This includes properly optimized images, correct labels, sizes, and original content that answer the search query.
SEO always starts with great content marketing and that goes for social media SEO too. If you have good community engagement, optimized images and videos, and good use of keywords, you have a winning strategy.
Save time and energy in your own social media management!Check out our Agorapulse free trial to plan, track, and measure all of your social media activity.
- What are some underrated abdominal exercises
- What a good cryptocurrency exchange must do
- What's the worst series on Netflix
- Can you please provide Cengage Books PDF
- How are chili leaves used in cooking
- How do I become super productive 1
- What are the health benefits of ACV
- Which is better Authorize net or PayPal
- What is the worst software for data science
- What does the term Country Bumpkin mean?
- I've lived with my parents for 24 years
- Is Erdogan ethnically Turkish
- How do I delete an old Windows file
- What basic philosophies guide your recruiting
- Company jobs are saturated
- What are the most underrated NCT songs
- How do I see BeIN Sport live
- What is rope data structure
- How is a man a successful failure
- What are the best books on politics
- Who wants to visit Ireland
- What does price movement mean in retail
- How to say Kinnow in English
- How does the asset allocation work
- Should be included in this sentence
- What is the main motivator for humanity
- What is the scariest phase in life
- What's the best google camera app
- How does smoking affect breastfeeding?
- How to make logo clothing
- What can I bathe my dog with?
- How does software recognize plagiarism
- Why does the electoral committee prefer MODI co