What are psychometric statistical methods
In the field of statistical data analysis, the work of the Institute for Medical Psychology and Sociology focuses on the methods of psychometry, multivariate regression analysis and non-parametric statistics. Special importance is attached to the psychometric analysis of questionnaires that are routinely used in clinical practice. With the help of structural equation models and the methods of item response theory, we examine, for example, the psychometric properties of well-known instruments such as the SF-12 and SF-36 as well as the Quality Of Life after Brain Injury Questionnaire (QOLIBRI).
In the data analysis of clinical and epidemiological studies, special attention is paid to the so-called generalized mixed linear models (GLMM), which include a very wide range of model specifications for different data structures (e.g. nested designs, longitudinal data and repeated measurements as well as frequentistic and Bayesian methods) Event data).
Nonparametric methods in cross-section and longitudinal section are robust alternatives to conventional statistical models that can be applied to any data type with few assumptions. In this sense, only the distributions on which the empirical data is based are examined in the nonparametric data analysis in order to arrive at conclusions about the temporal course of diseases or health conditions under the influence of specific factors.
Another focus of the institute's work in the context of statistical data analysis is the use of the programming language and statistical environment R. In particular, we devote ourselves to the development of suitable functions or packages in the field of psychometry and multivariate regression analysis as well as the use of R in teaching .
- Abortion is no worse than female circumcision
- What is your answer
- How can one overcome a worldly life
- What made you live in Seville
- Which Google jobs are the most irritating
- Acting What is it like to play Hamlet
- Buy spices online
- Did you eat reindeer?
- Why should you choose Oracle for a database application?
- How can I make friends with crows
- Is the USDA underfunded
- What was the story behind Satyam's failure
- Why are replicas so popular
- What are the factoring steps in algebra
- How is Animoji different from FaceRig
- How do emergency signals sound?
- Why is travel insurance considered good
- How can we raise our voices
- Is there a rover on the way to Mars
- What does a Harvard degree look like
- An additional 70 could change your life
- What is the significance of certified letters
- Is mulled wine alcoholic
- Can we build a probability machine