Hamas All journalists in Gaza are held hostage
Israel suspects two citizens are being held hostage in Gaza
An Israeli voluntarily crossed the border a year ago. Israel believes he is being held in Gaza against his will.
According to the Defense Ministry, two Israeli citizens have apparently been in the hands of radical Palestinian groups in the Gaza Strip for months. The ministry announced on Thursday after the judicial lifting of a news blackout.
According to the information, Abraham Mangisto crossed from the port of Ashkelon on September 7th last year secretly and on his own initiative, the border fortifications to the sealed off Palestinian area on the Mediterranean Sea. The 50-day war between Israel and Hamas ended just under two weeks earlier, killing more than 2,100 Palestinians, as well as 67 soldiers and six civilians on the Israeli side.
In the Gaza Strip, Mangisto is now being held against his will by the radical Islamic Hamas, which controls the area, "according to credible intelligence."
Israeli Arabs in the Gaza Strip
Mangisto, born in 1986, is reported to be a Jew born in Ethiopia who immigrated to Israel. In the same notice, the ministry said that an Israeli Arab was also apparently being held in the Gaza Strip. In this case, it was not specified which organization is suspected to be behind it.
Hamas declined to comment. Israel fears that extremists want to secure the release of Palestinians incarcerated in Israeli prisons. This happened in 2011, when the soldier Gilad Shalit was released after more than five years in captivity in exchange for more than 1,000 Palestinians.
(APA / AFP / Reuters)
- Which productivity apps do you use
- How is it in Germany
- Who are the best writers from Oman
- Is Vladimir Putin the new Russian tsar?
- Why don't commercial airlines refuel on the fly
- Could any laws of nature be different
- What is the importance of theory and practice
- How does timing affect the survey results
- Chicken and dumplings fall apart
- Are electrolytes really that important
- What are the disadvantages of self-study
- Why were SAT and ACT created
- Which ingredients make a bit sour taste?
- Why did Ukraine not impose martial law?
- What is the most successful sales model
- Why does hexane float on water
- What happened to the validity of AMIE
- Can someone get the speed of light
- Numbers can be palindromes
- How do I control my emotions
- Is sheik a boy or a girl?
- Only hires Snapchat Stanford graduates
- What is an espresso
- Why did China annex Inner Mongolia?