Can I import butane?
Liquefied petroleum gas
Liquid gas (also LPG or LPG) is called that in Germany. Internationally, liquefied petroleum gas is known as "Liquefied Petroleum Gas" (LPG). Liquid gas is used as:
- Energy for heating for private, commercial and public areas through your own tank supply or via counting systems
- Propulsion energy for vehicles
LPG consists of easily liquefied hydrocarbon compounds (CmHn) with three or four carbon atoms. It can be a single compound or a mixture of several compounds.
The main components of liquefied petroleum gas are:
- Propane: C3H8
- Propene (propylene): C3H6 (with C double bond)
- Butane: C4H10
- Butene (butylene): C4H8 (with C double bond)
Propane and butane are chain-like, saturated hydrocarbon compounds. The unsaturated hydrocarbons propene and butene have a carbon double bond and are limited in terms of their percentage. Propylene is unavoidable as a by-product of the refining process and its proportion is usually between 3 and 5%. The mixing ratio of propane and butane in the production of liquefied gas is different in Europe. The composition can differ depending on the location and time of year. The gas suppliers vary the composition depending on the ambient temperature. In Germany and Great Britain, propane often has a share of 95% by volume. Segregation can occur at low temperatures, as butane has a relatively high boiling point (0 ° C). The advantages of butane, however, are that it is cheaper and has a higher calorific value, which is why an attempt is usually made to use as much butane as possible.
Liquid gas is gaseous in its normal state, but becomes liquid under pressure. In the liquid state it has only 1 / 260th of the gaseous volume. This means that 1,000 liters of gas become around 4 liters of liquid. Liquid gas tanks usually have a pressure of 8 bar at ambient temperatures (20 ° C). The pure gases are colorless and odorless. As an industrial waste product, however, liquefied gas is odorous. For use in the automotive sector, a special substance is added (odorized) to make it easier to perceive, so that any leaks can be detected.
The relatively high degree of purity of liquid gas means that it does not age and can be stored for practically no time.
The quality of liquid gas is specified in the DIN 51622 standard. A liquid gas that is produced according to this standard gives you the guarantee of consistent quality and thus the guarantee for perfect combustion and the optimal use of liquid gas in your consumer facilities.
Should you require further information on liquefied gas, please do not hesitate to contact us.
- How can I create moving Tumblr themes
- Which Indian has visited most of the countries
- Infidelity What Makes a Perfect Marriage
- Are all bloggers and influencers fake
- What does Terminix do for mice
- How to make gimbal at home
- It is worth buying the Honor 8 Lite
- How quickly can Trump scrap Obamacare
- How can I learn language training
- There are delivery apps in Saltillo, Mexico
- Should I ask my crush
- What happens to Seth in the Bible
- May I see your dorm decoration
- What are the strangest jobs in the world
- Why shouldn't I buy a Jeep Compass?
- Can remove asbestos from your lungs
- Is Africa economically independent
- Which startup idea should I build?
- Who has 100 points in math
- Celebrity feuds are usually just publicity stunt
- What is 60 days from today
- Why are there real estate agents
- Is the Nyan Cat a trademark
- How long do CATS
- If 64 7x 1 what is x
- How does Facebook's Voice Video Chat work
- Why am I in love with money
- What is the best digital marketing 2
- What can you say about metabolism
- How is life at Mahindra Comviva
- Is hydrogen a metal 1
- Which video game has fun grinding
- How does a normal person feel?