Interest is the best teacher
Those who feel good learn better
At the latest, the meta-meta-study "Visible Learning" by the New Zealand scientist John Hattie, which was published in German in 2013, has shown that a trusting relationship between teacher and students is a decisive criterion for good teaching. Relationship culture has long been part of the school program in many schools. In a school with such framework conditions, it will be easy for you to cultivate this culture in your classes as well. If the general conditions are less favorable, you can set a good example and, in the best case, achieve that the entire school catches up with you.
Practical advice school for secondary level I and II
Appreciate and strengthen in school
No question: that Teacher-student ratio is not at eye level. As a teacher, you have a special role to play, both through your head start in competence and through your powers. To put it colloquially: you have the longer lever. It is all the more important not to exploit this "power".
Good things take time. This applies to building any relationship, including building a good teacher-student relationship. It takes time and requires both sides to get to know each other. How you organize this phase and the following steps also depends on your teacher personality. But it is also due to the external circumstances. If, as a subject teacher, you teach many of your students only once or twice a week, relationship building will be more difficult for you than in the class you teach.
Consciously use "showers of praise, likes and love letters" in everyday school life
Simply choose the right one from these suggestions.
- Already by her Occur create a certain atmosphere in the classroom. A confident and open posture, combined with a friendly smile triggers positive reactions from the students, which can have a positive effect on further interactions.
- When starting a new class, introduce yourself not just by your name, but a little of yours as well personality reveal. For example, you can have a couple personal things bring along and let the students guess what this has to do with you. For example a picture of a bicycle if you are very athletic, the picture of your pet, certain books and so on. Also tell why you chose this job. Here's how you create one relaxed atmosphere and make it easier for the students to tell something about themselves.
- On the first day, you may greet your students with handshake. Why not some other days too? In this way you show your appreciation and notice very quickly whether the individual students are doing well or not.
- You will notice the "difficult" students first. Just "difficult" students you should in the first few weeks observe intensely and immediately report their small positive progress.
- Show it interest beyond pure school life. For example, on the hobbies of your students, their favorite football club, or their taste in music. But be careful! Do not get too personal and avoid any curiosity. Because it applies - with all confidence - the to maintain given roles.
- Mistakes are important for learning. Unfortunately, this didactic principle is not necessarily anchored in all schools. Try one positive error culture to exemplify in your classroom. The children also learn how to treat classmates and teachers respectfully.
- Teaching or teaching teachers - that's part of their job. Nevertheless, you should always consciously take your time, listen to students in peace, let them finish speaking, be interested in what they think, what makes them afraid or happy. Also, give every now and then Freedom of choice starting with the design of the lessons, for example, with the topics or with the homework.
- Praise is important. But there are very subtle differences when it comes to praise. A praise can very much come from "above", a appreciative praise on the other hand, it is always one in which the child is recognized as a whole person and not just the current performance. And: Depending on their age, students react very differently to praise. Older students no longer necessarily want to be praised in front of the whole class. Then choose a different form, such as written praise. And don't forget to praise the whole class too. Serious recognition strengthens that Sense of community of the class and supports the team spirit.
- Address your students by name when you see them in the schoolyard. Use diverse communication opportunities: during breaks, during lessons, on hiking days, in the school camp, during projects.
- Talk to your students about theirs Joy or discomfort in class. Students are experts in teaching matters. You can learn a lot from them. In addition, everyone can work on a good learning situation.
- Occasionally swap roles as Foreplay and become the Teammates. It is relatively easy for PE teachers to be part of a team, but you can also become a Teachers on an equal footing and become part of a working group, for example.
- Be sure to find the lively exchange with parents. In this way you will find out what you need to pay particular attention to and what expectations the parents have. You can also give you feedback at any time. And not only when there are problems, but also when everything is going well at school.
Draw boundaries, resolve conflicts, advise
A good teacher-student relationship benefits everyone involved, as it ensures a learning-friendly climate in the classroom. And it has another effect, as the Aldrup study from 2018 showed: It examined how a good relationship between teachers and students affects the well-being and motivation of teachers themselves. One result: If the children are unmotivated and undisciplined, this increases the emotional exhaustion of the teacher. Or to put it the other way round: A good teacher-student relationship is good for your own health too!
Here you will find funny photo stickers that motivate and put a smile on children's faces.
Activate students and ensure the flow of lessons - everyone on board?
You will learn how to successfully take the helm, activate your students and get them on board your lessons. You will receive tried and tested suggestions and concrete suggestions for action with which you can ensure the flow of lessons in the future and activate learners.
Classroom management - the teacher as manager
You will get to know the various dimensions of action in classroom management and develop a repertoire of useful class management techniques. You will also discover new possibilities for successful self and status management during and after your class.
You will be able to understand different situations of private and professional everyday life more easily, to be understood and to maintain argumentative security even when dealing with difficult people.
- What are the reasons for organizational conflicts
- Was Friedrich Nietzsche against science and innovation
- Do Roblox hacks work
- Has Israel given something to the world
- Does Lebanon allow dual citizenship
- What does Inkaling
- How does Pepto Bismol work
- Why is depression not considered a disability
- What does September 2nd mean for you
- How strongly is Cuba connected to Maduro?
- What is the advantage of the floor construction
- How does Myntra Android Apps work
- Which artist sang the song Players Anthem
- Airbnb patented their idea
- How long can pee be cooled?
- Who found the economic topic
- How did actor Clayton Moore die
- Why do I want to hurt people
- How can someone recapture a certain emotion
- How many people came in vit in 2015
- Drink dragonflies water
- Should an independent contractor form an LLC
- Why does maximum pooling work
- What is achievement motivation theory