Why are attributes used in C 1
Attributes in requirements management
In requirements engineering or requirements management - a core discipline in system and software development - requirements are often recorded with the following attributes:
- Identifier or ID. It should be unique and can contain various information such as an automatically sequential number and an associated project or program.
- a short name
- a name
- a description, alternatively with a separation between short and long description.
- a description of the problem or a reason
- an acceptance criterion as a measurable and verifiable condition. This attribute often expresses the expected performance, response behavior, resource requirements, etc.
- an author
- one version, because requirements and the test cases associated with them change frequently.
- a state. Requirements typically know different states such as "initial", "defined", "planned", "in progress", "implemented" etc.
- one or more sources to clarify where the requirement comes from, which stakeholder benefits from it, which goal is achieved with it, etc.
- a statement about stability; are changes expected in terms of content and scope? Usually values such as “stable”, “firm” and “solid” are used.
- a statement about criticality
- a priority. The bandwidth ranges from “low”, “medium”, “high” and “critical”, through levels from 1 to 3 or from 1 to 10 or in agile procedures with absolute priority numbers, so that each individual requirement has an individual priority.
In addition, it is often recommended to use other attributes: risks, typification, effort, assigned release, legal liability, customer satisfaction and customer dissatisfaction, business objects, business processes, further material, responsible employees, comments, open points, relationships to other requirements or other objects of the Development process etc.
Attributes in project management
What applies to requirements can of course also apply to all other objects in the course of a development. Risks also know attributes (e.g. damage classes, expected probability of occurrence, scope and extent of damage). And change requests, test cases, test runs, goals and UML or SysML diagrams or objects. There are also numerous attributes in project management such as
- Project ID, short project name and project name
- Project start, project duration, project end
- Project budget
- Project responsibility, project manager, organizational unit
- Project status
- Project type
- Project process
It is important to note for all attributes - for requirements, change requests or projects - that there are static and dynamic characteristics. Example: A project has a planned and an actual project start. Planned information is mostly dynamic, i.e. it can change. A project start can be planned for February 1st and in reality start on March 1st. Once the project has started, it is a static attribute that can no longer be changed.
Advantages of attribution
Basically, the use of attributes offers some advantages:
- Understanding and knowledge of a single object or a group of objects increases.
- The structuring and comparability of objects is promoted.
- The search for specific features of individual objects is made possible.
- The evaluation of properties is supported.
In order for these advantages to take effect, organizations should specify a common set of attributes for corresponding objects (requirements, change requests, risks, test cases, diagrams, etc.) and determine how mandatory the recording of the characteristics per object is.
- What are the causes of fertility
- Should the NFL keep its charitable status
- Is it legal to copy a website interface design?
- What are your best crowdfunding backer tips
- Who is your favorite avatar in Hinduism
- What is the effect of surfactant
- Which countries became democratic immediately after colonialism?
- Why are video editing programs so expensive
- How is picric acid made from phenol
- How can I help a succulent to recover
- Why am I so emotionally invested?
- Which artist sang the song Mistletoe
- Atlantis is most likely in Africa
- Are public parks profitable?
- What is dr Strange zodiac signs
- My girlfriend told me I was gay
- Could a human be a Patronus?
- Telangana EAMCET is removed
- What makes CIA research credible
- Why are hamsters and gerbils common pets?
- Angola What are some good Angolan films
- What made Sosekis Kokoro a Japanese classic
- Are you back in Pretoria
- What is the taste of your childhood
- How quickly does the old law grow
- What is rotigotine
- Should teenagers worry about getting fat
- Is hydrogen a metal 1
- Which nations are the most dogmatic
- Therapists grieve clients
- Which website has the highest web traffic
- Why is Pakistan democratically unstable
- When can too much experience backfire?