Why don't US bathrooms have music
What happens in the White House if the president changes?
The White House has 132 rooms and 35 bathrooms: house cleaning at high speed
On the day of the handover - in English "inauguration" - the outgoing President and his entourage move out. After the White House has been cleaned and serviced from the basement to the attic, the newly elected president and his family can move in. Every time it is a feat of strength, because the White House is huge: It has a total of 132 rooms, 35 bathrooms, eight staircases and three elevators. There is a swimming pool, tennis court, movie theater and bowling alley that was purchased by President Richard Nixon. Barack Obama, for example, had a basketball court built.
Comprehensive disinfection of the White House when changing office in 2021
When it became clear that Joe Biden would move into the White House as Donald Trump's successor, he ordered a complete disinfection in addition to the usual measures. All surfaces - door handles, furniture, windows - should be cleaned that could previously have been touched by a person. A specialist company has also been commissioned to clean aerosols from the air. The cost of the entire cleaning is around half a million dollars, according to CNN.
The background to this is that more than 50 people from Donald Trump's environment have been infected with the corona virus in the past few months. Trump and his team have repeatedly ignored hygiene measures at public appearances.
$ 100,000 budget for renovations
Any new president may make changes to the furnishings and fittings of the White House. The funds for the renovation are approved by the Congress. In 1833 it was $ 20,000; when Bill Clinton moved in in 1999, it was $ 100,000.
Major renovations and repairs are usually only carried out when the new presidential family has already moved in. The Oval Office - the President's famous office in the West Wing of the White House - is actually being completely renovated every time. President Donald Trump also had the Oval Office painted and wallpapered as one of his first acts. He also had a new carpet laid and the 27-year-old heating and air conditioning replaced.
First ladies traditionally design the private residence
The design of the private residence of the presidential family is traditionally left to the first lady. Michelle Obama, the precious furniture was apparently a little too old-fashioned. She had abstract art hanging everywhere - many of the works were by Afro-American artists. She also gave the butlers a new dress code. Instead of tuxedos, the servants should wear a somewhat more casual uniform, because, according to Mrs. Obama, this would better suit her family.
Michelle Obama also had a vegetable garden laid out on the South Lawn. Her successor Melania Trump, on the other hand, has redesigned the Rose Garden. Each presidential family gives the White House its very own touch.
The text and audio of this post are licensed under the CC BY-NC-ND 4.0 Creative Commons license.
- Broadcast on
- Where can I get Windows Server Core from
- What is Jackie Chan's email address?
- How do laser discs work
- Is it bad to be manipulated?
- Amazon sells your physical mailing address
- Why is circumcision considered bad
- How did the First World War start 3
- Which is the best TMT
- How has statistical mechanics influenced machine learning?
- Why do surfboards have fins
- What is aiws
- How do insects help with pollination
- What techniques are used to diagnose adenomyosis
- How are snowstorms classified or named
- What is the delivery time from FedEx to your home
- What is an inventory management system
- Let's get the politicians we deserve
- What a good cryptocurrency exchange must do
- Which are the luxury trains
- How do you make your own recipes
- How's the night life in Appleton WI
- What is the optimal size television
- What are the 8 forms of artistic
- Why does Somalia have so many refugees?