Should Google be sued
Lawsuit against Google
The US internet giant Alphabet faces further legal trouble with its daughter Google. After the cartel watchdogs of the US Department of Justice and eleven states had targeted the search engine operator for alleged competition violations in October, Texas has now announced another lawsuit.
"This Internet Goliath is using his power to manipulate the market, destroy competition and harm consumers," said Texas Attorney General Ken Paxton in an Internet video. Specifically, it is about the so-called ad-tech process, in which places for ads - for example on the online pages of newspapers - are auctioned by Google to the highest bidder advertiser.
Attorney General Paxton: "That Internet Goliath"
Google has repeatedly used its monopoly power to control the pricing of online advertising and to manipulate the auctions in question through market collusion, according to Paxton. Texas will therefore file an antitrust lawsuit against the company together with an alliance of other states. Support comes from Arkansas, Idaho, Indiana, Kentucky, Mississippi, Missouri, North Dakota, South Dakota and Utah, according to a court record.
Series of lawsuits
Google rejected the allegations in an initial reaction. "Attorney General Paxton's allegations regarding ad tech are unfounded," the company said in response to a query from the AFP news agency. Google pointed out that digital advertising prices and ad tech fees have fallen. These are "characteristics of a highly competitive industry".
The October lawsuit against the search engine operator, which Paxton has already joined, concerns Google's business conduct towards rivals. In total, the federal and state governments in the USA have recently filed four lawsuits against large Internet companies.
AR / fw (rtr, dpa, ap, afp)
- What difference does water make in boiling?
- Have you attained enlightenment through warmth meditation?
- Delete an Instagram account
- How does breathing work
- Which Adobe application should I specialize in?
- Which country bears the name Corsica?
- Can be assigned an easement
- AamirKhan's Dangal is superb in China
- Why is it so cold in Mumbai
- How is information blocked in the head
- What does idle time mean
- How do AmazonFresh deliveries work
- Could humanity survive if we lost electricity
- Has linoleum flooring asbestos
- What does the Linux command gunzip
- For some people love is a fallacy
- What does the Blu-ray + DVD combination have
- What is your understanding of God's will
- Why is my HTC Hero running slowly?
- Which SVG functions are supported by Illustrator?
- Which PTC site pays euros
- Who was the youngest king in history
- How important is laughter to you
- Sells Ikea televisions