Africa was colonized between WWI and WWII
Dr. Stefan Mair is a member of the Foreign Office's Africa Advisory Group. Current focal points mainly concern intra-African interstate relations, democratization aid and international election observation as well as German interests in Africa, state failure and conflict resolution. Mair has published several books and essays on these topics, including "Africa south of the Sahara" (1999) and "German-African Relations" (1998).
Information on political education (Issue 264) - the spread of colonialism
introductionUntil the middle of the 19th century, European foreign rule over African regions was usually limited to a few trading establishments and fortified bases on the coast and its immediate hinterland. Exceptions to this rule were the attempts by the Portuguese to establish themselves deeper in what is now Mozambique along the Zambezi in the 16th century. Added to this were the advances by the settlers of the Cape Colony, who in the middle of the 18th century moved the settlement boundary about 800 kilometers to the northeast in a large trek. Long before the Europeans, Arab traders based in Zanzibar had set up trading establishments far within East Africa, which mainly served the slave and ivory trade.
- Who is the Top Consultant in Bangalore
- Who competes with eBay and wins
- What is measured in queries
- What's the strangest paranormal experience
- How do I delete an old Windows file
- What is the purpose of course planning
- How zines influenced early blogs
- Is buyucoin com legitimate
- What do I not wish to mean better to myself?
- How do I activate Java
- What was the future of NDT like
- Used shoes are safe to wear
- What are the consequences of depersonalization
- How good is the GTU in India
- What is guanabana extract
- What makes a big quesadilla
- Wearing nail polish causes cancer
- Is it okay to learn from mistakes?
- What is 2 4 dimethylphenol
- Which cinema offers the best seats for couples?
- What is the etymology of good or bad?
- What does each critic mean
- Can stealth be detected on the radar