What happens to the confused people
The Naomi Feil validation was developed for old people from around 80 years of age with late-onset Alzheimer's disease. Validation is particularly useful for these people, as it is often also about coming to terms with life events. If an old person with dementia suddenly thinks he is seeing the deceased mother, this may not only be an effect of Alzheimer's disease, but also an indication that the loss of the mother has not yet been fully dealt with. Especially people who have not learned effective strategies during their active life to deal with losses - e.g. from loved ones or the health of their body - benefit later from validation. In general, validation helps people who:
- are very old (over 80)
- have denied serious crises all their lives
- Hold on to outdated roles (e.g. parent role, world of work ...)
- Have impaired brain, vision or hearing
- have limited mobility and emotional control as well as poor short-term memory
Validation also offers advantages for relatives and caregivers. They learn to accept old people better and to recognize the background to behavior that is "annoying" for them. The empathic, judgment-free attitude that is taught in validation is also helpful in many other life situations.
- Which websites pay money for my knowledge
- When was MIT founded?
- What are your favorite sad songs
- What is Linux Objdump
- What is a retention fee used for?
- What are the symptoms of needle worms
- What is CMP in finance
- Are you struggling to make money online?
- Which American leader was the most benevolent
- How good is Tracktion
- How do you say salt in German?
- Which direction is best to eat
- Why is plasma important to humans
- How is a Cyber Warfare Battle
- Is the Livonian language influenced by Latvian
- How should I think about sports?
- How do I prepare for VIT physics
- Which is better Google+ or Facebook 2
- What kind of government does Uruguay have
- Which schools underline the ACT
- What does low bone density really mean?
- Can you paint my mother
- Can honey grow back lost hair
- What is carbon sink