Souls weigh something
How much does the soul weigh? - a seemingly crazy question, because one imagines this invisible substance to be immaterial, air-like and weightless. In a macabre experiment, an American doctor claims to have found out how much the soul weighs.
Around 100 years ago, he put the bed with a dying person on fine scales and found that the dying person weighed 21 grams less at the time of dying. And because he believed that the soul escapes from the body after death, he claimed from then on that the soul would weigh 21 grams. Whether this is just crazy-macabre science or not, what I find interesting about this experiment is the strong desire to grasp this palpable and yet intangible "phenomenon of the soul". But if we don't, we can't, not even with the craziest Experiments. We can only feel and suspect. And with our feeling of how the soul feels, our ideas arise. Of how our soul exists in this world and in the other, if one believes in it. In medieval art, souls were often called Naked bodies are depicted - an image of how veiled, delicate and vulnerable they are thought to be.
Another image for the soul is water, often compared to the sea or a lake, the bottom of which can only be seen when it is motionless. Water also as a picture for when the grief comes over the soul like waves. Or love floods them like a torrent.
The soul is the inner space of the person, his center, which makes him inwardly and from which he can align himself to God. The human soul sends and receives signals that can only be seen, heard or felt when he comes to rest. Or when a limit is reached. The limit of strength, the limit of resilience or the limit of this life, this world. The poet Josef von Eichendorff described the mental border area between this and the other world very nicely in his poem "Mondnacht":
“It was like heaven
kissed the earth silently,
that they are in the flower shimmer
dream of him now.
The air went through the fields
the ears of wheat swayed gently,
the woods rustled softly,
so starry was the night.
And my soul tensed
spread your wings
flew through the silent lands
as if she was flying home. "
- Why do we provide Javadoc documentation
- How were people treated in World War II
- What is a direct appeal
- Find imperfect people perfect
- Where in our body do enzymes exist
- Why do astronauts train
- What are the best math video games
- What does it mean to react
- Does smoking weed actually get you up
- How will the iPhone be in 2019
- How do I scale my business
- Killed Suge Knight Tupac Shakur
- Who discovered the phenomenon of radioactivity
- Can I get a divorce from home
- Are any soups healthy?
- What is the best basketball team of 2000
- What happens to an empty injection
- How do I reduce my pores
- House Blackfyre still exists
- How intelligent do people have to be
- How does uploading work on the satellite internet
- Why is Jupiter blue in some pictures
- How to encrypt an SD card
- What is an espresso