Why are bananas recommended for bodybuilding?
Dextrose after training / grape juice / bananas
Discuss Dextrose after training / grape juice / bananas in the Beginners and newbies in bodybuilding Forum in the field of fitness in general; Moin, it is often recommended to drink a glass of grape juice after training if I have noticed it, especially because of the glucose.
- 07/01/2003, 7:56 p.m. Dextrose after training / grape juice / bananas # 1
Post workout dextroseHello,
It is often recommended to drink a glass of grape juice after training, if I've noticed it, especially because of the glucose. Because it always takes a while until I get home after training, I wanted to buy glucose in a packet, e.g. Dextrenergen or something. How many grams would you then have to take?
Or would a banana be enough after that, that's how I've always done it.
- 07/01/2003, 8:06 pm Dextrose after training / grape juice / bananas # 2
approx 1g / kg body weight.
So you won't get there with any kind of lollipops
But there is also dextrose in 500g packs for about 1 € that you can fill up in a bottle with some water and drag it with you to the studio
- 07/01/2003, 8:11 p.m. Dextrose after training / grape juice / bananas # 3
Exactly, right what d_one says, personally I prefer to give myself dextrose in a shake after training, on the one hand it tastes sweeter (I think it's too sweet pure in water) and on the other hand it's very practical.
- 07/01/2003, 9:31 PM Dextrose after training / grape juice / bananas # 4
one glass is not enough. In the diet there should be approx. 0.5 g per kg of body weight and when building up 1-2 g. a bottle is definitely gone. Instead, dose the powder accordingly.
- 07/01/2003, 10:46 p.m. Dextrose after training / grape juice / bananas # 5
Wow, I would not have thought that there was so much or that there is more in normal grape juice than in a "pure" grape sugar product. Well, I'll take a look around the supermarket, thank you.
PS: and what about the banana? Pointless?
- 07/02/2003, 1:33 PM Dextrose after training / grape juice / bananas # 6
banana isn't bad either, it has fructose in it.
but you would have to push in a whole bush to get you to 1g / kg body weight. (Well, of course, it's not that exaggerated )
- 07/02/2003, 3:43 p.m. Dextrose after training / grape juice / bananas # 7
What is wrong with you?
1-2g per KG ????
Suppose I buy the recommended 500g pack.
Then it would only be enough for 4-5 training sessions for many.
And when I imagine a fifth of such a sugar bowl and I should fill it in one or two glasses ...
Could it be that you all have a sugar belly ?
- 07/02/2003, 16:43 Dextrose after training / grape juice / bananas # 8
so if you don’t even have the 20 cents left over for a bit of glucose after training you should look for a new sport right away
and if you mix 100g dextrose with a liter of water it goes down without any problems.
- 07/03/2003, 09:11 Dextrose after training / grape juice / bananas # 9
It's not a question of money.
- 07/03/2003, 11:20 am Dextrose after training / grape juice / bananas # 10
look at my photo thread, should be enough as an answer.
2g is certainly an exaggeration. I don't eat 200g dextro after training. just 800kcals ... want to eat something else too.
- 03.07.2003, 15:59 Dextrose after the training / grape juice / bananas # 11
Exactly, that's what I mean.
That corresponds to a full meal or almost 2.
I prefer to eat a pizza after training.
Tastes better and has just as many calories ...
That's why I mean: You don't want to tell me that you can keep your deficit that way?
- 07/03/2003, 5:47 p.m. Dextrose after training / grape juice / bananas # 12You don't want to tell me that you can keep your defi that way?Naturally.
I can even lose weight with it. You just have to include the dextrose in the energy balance.
- 04.07.2003, 11:30 am Dextrose after training / grape juice / bananas # 13
If I should include that in the energy balance, it means that I have to skip a whole meal.
And that drink doesn't fill me up.
- 04.07.2003, 12:21 PM Dextrose after the training / grape juice / bananas # 14
Then add something low in calories. Something that fills the stomach well and makes you feel full. What about these delicious rice cakes? Unsweetened, of course. * örgs *
- 04.07.2003, 15:10 Dextrose after the training / grape juice / bananas # 15
have a question from the medical side: does not such a blatant dextrose intake increase the risk of diabetes? I mean 1-2 g per kg of body weight is pretty heavy. I don't want to be disabled at the age of 40.
- 04.07.2003, 15:57 Dextrose after the training / grape juice / bananas # 16
Can someone explain why you should consume glucose after training and, above all, why so much?
Just because the stores are running out?
What happens if i don't take dextrose after exercise?
Is that then a bad mistake that prevents everyone from building muscle?
- 07/05/2003, 5:33 PM Dextrose after training / grape juice / bananas # 17
@fate_mdDoesn't such a blatant dextrose intake increase the risk of developing diabetes?No. You're not supposed to be doing this all day. Otherwise, complex KH are of course to be preferred.I mean 1-2 g per kg of body weight1g / kg body weight is sufficient as an upper limit.
Immediately after training, the rate of glycogen storage is increased by around 30%. You can start to fill the memory accordingly quickly. And for topping up you need 6-10g / kg body weight / 24h.
If you do not take any carbohydrates after training, it has a negative effect on regeneration. Of course, this also affects muscle growth.
Go To: Beginners and Newbies to Bodybuilding
- User Control Center
- private messages
- Who's Online
- Search forums
- Forum home page
- Fitness.com News
- fitness.com - News - please read!
- Presentation area for users
- Fitness in general
- Fitness - general
- General bodybuilding forum
- Bodybuilding photos
- Competition scene
- News / dates
- Professional photos
- Beginners and newbies in bodybuilding
- Training & training theory
- Training plans
- current fitness programs & media library
- Powerlifting Forum / Powerlifting
- Powerlifting / powerlifting / competition scene
- Powerlifting / Powerlifting / Dates
- Powerlifting / Powerlifting / PHOTOS
- Fitness fourfight
- Strength training
- Endurance training
- Mobility / Body & Mind / Wellness
- Diet / Weight Loss
- Diet / nutrition plans
- Recipes and Cooking
- Food supplements / supplements
- Injuries and health
- Article forum
- Fitness videos
- Pilates videos
- Bodybuilding videos
- Sporthotel wellness hotel short break wellness weekend
- Fitness FAQ
- Training diary
- Training diary & success stories
- Fitness.com Regional
- Regional fitness
- Fitness postcode 0
- Fitness postcode 1
- Fitness postcode 2
- Fitness postcode 3
- Fitness postcode 4
- Fitness postcode 5
- Fitness postcode 6
- Fitness postcode 7
- Fitness postcode 8
- Fitness postcode 9
- Fitness Austria
- Fitness Switzerland
- Regional fitness
- Fitness.com - Professionals
- Fitness Managment Gym Fitness Center
- Fitness trainer - personal trainer
- Pilates & Yoga instructors
- Spinning trainer, Zumba trainer, step, aerobic trainer
- Trainer for walking, jogging, mountain biking, skiing, snowboarding, outdoor trainer
- Fitness industry, fitness studios, fitness hotels
- Gym sales, real estate and rental space on offer
- Fitness.com miscellaneous
- Buy, sell and trade
- Studies / specialist literature
- Off topic
- Fitness jokes
- Feedback & suggestions for topics
- Help forum
- Fitness article library
You are looking at dextrose after training / grape juice / bananas.
- What is best for content creation
- Why does Somalia have so many refugees?
- Are there any ideas for a trade exhibition
- Do doctors make more money than chemical engineers
- What were the English motives for colonization?
- Colonized Israel Palestine
- How can I prevent myself from distancing myself while meditating?
- What is the best grain for health
- What is the parameter binding in Web API
- What is the perfect drink
- What is WebSphere Middleware
- How did the Irish financial crisis come about
- What do people think of AWS Chime
- Which countries compensate software developers best
- What are exons and introns
- What do inexperienced entrepreneurs make too complicated
- There is black magic in Argentina
- Why do we think plastic surgery is beautiful?
- What is a good metabolism booster
- What is the best blood type personality
- What makes Americans independent
- What is Korea's largest porn site
- How often are taxis serviced
- Is the umpteenth a real word