Unattractive women practice yoga
Quick-wittedness: First aid against stupid sayings
Mobil-e: Mr. Pöhm, how does reparteeism differ between young people and adults?
Matthias Pöhm: It is more immediate and direct with children and adolescents than with adults. Often times, they have no inhibitions about making someone look really bad. An adult would never start an attack with “Hey, you stink”, this is common practice with children in the schoolyard. In order to be able to react quickly, one has to consider the age of children and adolescents. I can't teach a nine-year-old as sophisticated a technique as a 14-year-old. The younger the child, the more likely I am to equip it with tried and tested standard answers. The child simply learns it by heart and then uses it.
Mobil-e: Why is it important for children to be quick-witted?
Matthias Pöhm: It is the child's vulnerable soul that makes this necessary. Nothing is worse for a child than being subjected to ridicule and having to go on in silence because nothing occurs to him. I know from letters that children no longer go to school because the fear is too great. Through my book they learn to show the attacker: Attention, I can counter! If the bully realizes that he is risking verbally getting something back himself, he will consider attacking a supposed victim the next time. Incidentally, this applies not only to bullying at school, but also to bullying at work.
Mobil-e: Can you practice quick-wittedness and, if so, how?
Matthias Pöhm: Quick-wittedness is like grammar: even if a native speaker doesn't think about it at all when speaking, there are rules according to which a sentence is structured. There are also patterns for quick-witted answers. And you can learn that. But it takes a lot of practice. That is why I recommend parents to keep confronting their child with attacks from school at home so that they get a routine in giving back.
Mobil-e: Do you have any tips for us on how to defend yourself against typical teasing from other children?
Matthias Pöhm: I want to name two of you: There is a wonderful counterattack to direct insults such as "You stink" or "You are ugly". The trick is to express through the flower that the attack on the other applies as well. But not directly, as with "Stupid yourself", but by adding a train of thought. A standard answer that always works goes like this:
Attacker: "You smell like a buffalo."
Answer: "Yes, then we fit together well."
Attacker: "You look like someone from the ghost train."
Answer: “Yes, then we fit together well.
A second method is the two-step answer pattern. You let the attacker feel safe by asking a “harmless” question and then put the lid on. Here's an example:
Attacker: “You fat bin! "
Answer: “Funny! Do you know who asked about you? "
Answer: "No pig!"
- Have cocktails alcohol
- Can people think in 4D
- Who makes the best easier
- When did people start writing plays?
- How do I fix my stereo
- Is the market free from external control?
- What is the highest peak in Fiji
- How do Russians react to immigrants
- What does a piano performance consist of
- What will Thor do after Avengers Endgame
- Do you have musical ly
- What is the technology stack behind HackerRank
- What percentage of the crimes remain unsolved?
- What is the inmate classification system
- How can I improve myself in the networking career
- Why do Kashmiri become terrorists?
- Is there really fear of success
- Can you have too much fun
- Does the umbrella insurance cover professional liability
- Which is better Revolut or Paypal
- Is vegetable a countable noun
- How high can a pump draw water
- What is the best filter for ionized water
- What are some Canadian clothing brands
- How am I supposed to see other people
- How can we make Lifi Technology outdoors
- How can I get very strong bones
- Have you invested in the best coin
- What are media access logs
- Are there alternatives to Norton Internet Security
- How young can you learn the piano
- Is the ingenuity of nature better than that of man
- What was your ASVAB score
- What's the best recipe for your mom